PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Tank issue on (2) Ferris IS3000Z

carcrz
10-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Both mowers started doing the same thing at almost the same time this year. They will run on the left tank (the one w/ a reserve) and, after using about 1/2 a gallon of gas, I have to switch to the right tank because it won't take any more fuel from the left side. Any ideas what could be the issue or how to correct it? I haven't ever messed w/ the fuel tanks on these mowers before so I don't have a clue what's going on.

23 Kawasaki/61" deck on both mowers if it matters. ~1000 hours. New fuel filters.

ricky86
10-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Fuel pickup tubes are broken. There is one in each tank. Pull the fittings out for inspection. Try and pull the grommet out with the fitting

DOLMARatOS
10-03-2009, 02:54 PM
Snapper and bob-cat use a better fuel pick-up tube that fits in the grommet. may have to cut to fit.

The Ferris that I've seen had a hose and tiny clamp inside the tank. Very poor system. Get a shrink-fit molded pick-up tube to solve that problem.

carcrz
10-04-2009, 12:15 AM
Snapper and bob-cat use a better fuel pick-up tube that fits in the grommet. may have to cut to fit.

The Ferris that I've seen had a hose and tiny clamp inside the tank. Very poor system. Get a shrink-fit molded pick-up tube to solve that problem.

Care to elaborate on 'shrink-fit molded pick-up tube' design? Maybe a pic of it? I can just picture the look on the kid's face when I tell him that.

I guess the next step would be to start pulling stuff & swap it out. I'd just like to have the parts already