PDA

View Full Version : laying SOD

scagmower
10-03-2009, 02:07 PM
hey guys any suggestions on laying large amounts of sod, also on average how much can you put down in a day with a three man crew thanks

Junior M
10-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Get the large rolls and use the 3pt attachment to roll them out with your tractor..

txgrassguy
10-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Define a "large" amount of sod.
Provided you are laying sod in squares, obtain the largest cut piece possible.
I specify 3' X 2', washed if available - a 3 man crew can lay 20 pallets on a residence in about 7 sevens including tie-in and clean up.
Athletic field use is washed sod in rolls. A three man crew can lay two football fields in about six hours with the 3point attachment - a bit longer if the irrigation is installed poorly.
When I built golf courses, one seven man crew could lay four trucks of palletized sod in one day for slope containment.

scagmower
10-04-2009, 01:58 AM
Define a "large" amount of sod.
Provided you are laying sod in squares, obtain the largest cut piece possible.
I specify 3' X 2', washed if available - a 3 man crew can lay 20 pallets on a residence in about 7 sevens including tie-in and clean up.
Athletic field use is washed sod in rolls. A three man crew can lay two football fields in about six hours with the 3point attachment - a bit longer if the irrigation is installed poorly.
When I built golf courses, one seven man crew could lay four trucks of palletized sod in one day for slope containment.

thanks guys for your suggestions, the job should be right around 30,000 sqft, I have seen the rollers on skid steers, but i didnt know they have them on 3pt. all check into that

White Gardens
10-04-2009, 11:14 AM
thanks guys for your suggestions, the job should be right around 30,000 sqft, I have seen the rollers on skid steers, but i didnt know they have them on 3pt. all check into that

If your worried about compaction, there are sod un-rollers for mini skid steers. You would just have to make sure the mini can lift the rolls, and the rolls being the correct width of the machine.