PDA

View Full Version : Killing Milipedes?

poipuyardcrew
10-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Aloha,

I have an infestation of milipedes which are swiming all over a clients pool, Does anyone know what can kill them? Someone told me to use ronstar. I have ronstar but its a premergence. I'm not sure if ronstar makes other products or if they use this premergence to kill milipedes too?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Dominik

greendoctor
10-04-2009, 04:51 AM
Other than the effect that Ronstar has on human or animal eyes and skin, I do not think it is a very good insecticide. Do they mean Talstar? If so, Talstar is applied at an ounce per 1000 sq ft in at least 10 gallons per 1000. A hand sprayer will not do this. I normally make applications like this from a skid sprayer. Be glad it is only millipedes. One of my clients found a centipede in his pool. Hell no. I scheduled a treatment of all the mulched and landscaped areas around that pool, as well as the rest of the property.

poipuyardcrew
10-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the info, I have talstar too, I ended up spraying seven all in his rock wall that surrounds his property and in the dark areas and the cracks in the ground. I checked the next day and there weren't any milipedes so I hope it worked.