PDA

View Full Version : Did I get a good deal?

Lawn rangers of texas
10-04-2009, 02:08 PM
I bought this mower off Craigslist in DFW area and went and mower four very over grown yards in no time and I think I am in love with this mower. The guy said he bought it off a preacher in a small church in Burleson 2 acres then he used it on his home with a very small yard and said it was not used commercially.It has all new belts and blades with no rust I paid $1250.

Thanks Kurt

stearns_landscaping
10-04-2009, 09:24 PM
I'd say its a good deal just as long as the tranny or engine doesn't go within the next year. If not I'd say you can easily get your money out of it and build up your business with it. I started with one great mower and still have it. Its a JD gs350 and has never failed me. I love it more than my nice walk behind.

Jason Rose
10-04-2009, 11:12 PM
I think you did well. The Toro T-bar belt drives are insanely easy to operate. I bought a well used one this spring, just as a back-up and discharge mower. It came with the catcher too. It's a 44" and I was amazed by how easy to maneuver it is. If I had one of those when I was a teenager I would have been in heaven, even walking behind it, cause it would have been a LOT better than what I started with! Mines a floating deck, but those older units were pretty flimsy... They will do fine, but mine has been rewelded on the frame a few times. Yours is the newer design. Fixed deck kinda stinks, but it's a lot more durable and light.