PDA

View Full Version : Information on Brands

lorito89
10-04-2009, 02:40 PM
Hi I am a college student doing a project on John Deere. I am not very familiar with this field; so I was wondering if someone could provide me with information as far as the pricing and quality of its products compare to its competitors.

Also other advantages and disadvantages of the brand:

Would you buy a John Deere and why or why not?

Are their repair parts easily accesible?

And any other information that I can use for this project would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you very much

pjnlandscape
10-29-2009, 10:22 PM
I hate john Deere products and would never purchase a john Deere commercial mower. i feel that they are cheap and unavailable. i much prefer bobcat and scag products. but that's just my two cents

Craig3
11-13-2009, 09:00 PM
[QUOTE=lorito89;3214510
Also other advantages and disadvantages of the brand:

Would you buy a John Deere and why or why not?

Are their repair parts easily accessible?

And any other information that I can use for this project would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you very much[/QUOTE]

I've worked in the agriculture industry and now own a mowing company, so I've had experiences with them from a couple different angles.
I dont like the price-tag. I think you pay to much for the green paint. They seem to be as dependable as the next company, but again the price-tag comes in to play when something breaks.
I will give them props for having such a good dealership network (at least in the Midwest). And also when I needed a pre-filter for my wright they were able to cross reference part numbers and order me one.

chainsaw-boy
11-18-2009, 12:13 AM
GO AMERICAN ALL THE WAY :usflag:

cottoncoggin
01-08-2010, 07:48 AM
i am arookie but when it takes 4 tries and 2 months to get a deck belt the correct one from the local jd dealer who has been in business for 10 yrs something is wrong. its like they went to great deal of trouble to make their part just alittle diffrent not any better just diffrent so no aftermaret stuff will work and sometime their parts wont even work