Owner - Brandon Lane

Equipment

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup

8'x12' Utility trailer

2008 52" Exmark Tri-Advantage Deck 23 Kholer

Echo Comm trimmer

Echo Comm Edger

Echo 755 comm blower

Ryobi Hedge trimmers- haven't been doing much (bought them for a one time job to get by, used them prolly 3 times since then)

I keep 14 residential accounts, I have a bid in for 3 commercial accounts and in Jan will be bidding on a major bid at a hospital.

I work full time as a firefighter and full time with lawn care when i get off from the FD. I am looking to learn more about the business in every way possible and possibly pick up some tricks from the more experienced pros on LawnSite.com. I'm looking to really grow my business in commercial accounts. I will do this through Jesus leading the way. Sundays are my off days so I put in 80 hrs a week (FD and LLC) in 6 days. God Bless! Any suggestions and anyone want to message me or email me with some good information or possibly some Bid Examples or Bid forms for commercial businesses please do my email is blane2469@gmail.com Names Brandon Lane

J & D Greens
12-20-2009, 09:54 PM
Hi Brandon,
I am much like you I work full time at one job and turn right around and run a solo mowing operation after work. 70-80 hour a week is pretty tough. I can't wait till the day comes when I have the capital built up in the biz to take it to the next level and leave the job I have been clinging to for 30+ years, but this year I probably will cut back (two steps forward one back for right now) as that is just to many hours for one man to put in while trying to raise a family. Hope you are successful in your work and find the time to enjoy life as well. David

LAWNKC
12-21-2009, 09:12 AM
:waving: Nice to meet ya, Im starting to learn there is alot of people running LLC on the side of their current jobs. of those 14 accounts you have how long did it take to pick them up and what advertising has worked best for you?

As I mentioned in my introduction my main concern is competing with full service companies, this hospital contract your bidding, is that just a mowing contract or are you planning additional services?

Thanks Keith.

JFGauvreau
12-21-2009, 05:30 PM
good luck to you with your biz! and you have the will seriously for 80h/ a week, props to you!

And btw how is your truck doing for hauling? I have the exact same truck.

DLAWNS
12-22-2009, 10:35 PM
Welcome to the site!

johnnybravo8802
01-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Another Ga. boy!!!:clapping::clapping:If you need advice, I'll help in any way I can. I do 99% commercial/industrial and range from 5-30 acre properties. I mow up to 100 acres/wk. in some cases and have plans to do a lot of growing. Welcome!