PDA

View Full Version : my story... hmmmmmmmmm

green grass lawn care
10-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Well it is pretty simple. I have been in the oilfield for about 13 years, making good money. Took a little three year break that ended about 4 years ago and did pest control and got into management and sales and did a really good job at the sale thing. That went south due to me not liking the carrot dangling in my face, so i went back to the oilfield and made even better money.
I was laid off in March with a really good company that had never laid off in 85 years. After about three rounds they let me go too. i went to work for a small company and got fired for some made up reason and have had a tough time finding a job.
For about the last 10 years i have wanted to start a lawn care and landscaping business, but my wife said no it was too scary for her. I used to cut lawns when i was a youngster 14-18 years old and had about 25 weekly accts. and have always loved working outside. Well after about two weeks at home she said that since i can't find a job go and start my lawn care business. i now have about 10 accts and when not working for me work for a few buddies of mine. One of them has a tree trimming business and the other has a painting business. I traded my ar-15 for a scag 36 advantage wb that is just a bad machine. All of my customers love the way it cuts. I have traded work for a snapper pro self propelled 21" that neede a tune up, and now have stolen an echo srm 260 from a pawn shop for 65 bucks that needed a new head and an echo pb 403t for a bill. I also have a hand-held blower and a weed-eater green for back-up as well as a bohlens 21". Now that God has given us the much needed rain business should pick up pretty good. Sorry so long, but it is my story. Thanks for reading. Vince:usflag:

wteeter
10-07-2009, 06:30 PM
I am a directional driller making over 100k/year. Got a good thing going and should not be laid off. I am away from home too much. Wearing on Me and My family. Thinking about getting into the business. In your prospective. Is it worth leaving my good paying job to have more time with my wife and 2 daughters 13and8?

green grass lawn care
10-09-2009, 04:05 PM
man i am so much happier now. i am not making a lot of money but i am making it. now i did have to sell a couple of vehicles and scale back on our life style, but i have time to... do what ever i need to do. i am coaching at our girls school, sub-ing there when needed, and staying home with sick kids. i love it. but you may want to hold off till the start of the season nezxt summer since it is slowing down. although with the rain recently in our neck of the woods it is actually starting to pick up. good luck and have fun what ever youo do. vince

DLAWNS
10-16-2009, 06:39 PM
Good luck in your new venture...welcome to the site!