PDA

View Full Version : POA and Winter Grassy Weeds

xtremelawn
10-05-2009, 08:13 AM
Last year I had a real bad problem with Poa and what my Lesco rep was calling "Rescue Grass". Last year I used Simizine in the Fall And Aquacap in the Spring. Did anyone else have the same problems? If so what are you going to do different this year? Should I be using a different chemical?

Thanks

xtremelawn
10-05-2009, 09:34 PM
No one else has had this problem?

ArTurf
10-05-2009, 09:45 PM
You need to put down a longer lasting Pre-emergent than Simazine in the fall and by a certain time, check with your local extension agent or Lesco. What you put down in spring has no effect on Poa or winter weeds. You can come back with the simazine later in the winter as a post/light pre application to hit what broke through the first Pre.

Falcon50EX
10-06-2009, 06:40 AM
Last year I had a real bad problem with Poa and what my Lesco rep was calling "Rescue Grass". Last year I used Simizine in the Fall And Aquacap in the Spring. Did anyone else have the same problems? If so what are you going to do different this year? Should I be using a different chemical?

Thanks

For my area i use Aquacap at 2.2 per 1000 now and Dec 1 also Feb 1 for POA

bx24
10-06-2009, 05:02 PM
iAquacap is the same as normal Pre-m..I use Prograss for POA (in fact just did app #2 last week). 90% of POA is bye-bye.