PDA

View Full Version : Help, where can I get hubs

3D-Designs
10-05-2009, 09:05 PM
I tried a search on here to no avail. What hubs do you recommend and where online can I get them? Thanks in advance.

Tim

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-05-2009, 10:41 PM
There are a few manufacturers who make hubs for lighting. Unique and CAST come to mind right away. Many guys simply use an irrigation valve box for their hubs. Not sure you will find lighting hubs online. Oh, perhaps www.landscapelightingworld.com has them.

Best of luck.

Classic Lighting
10-05-2009, 11:23 PM
I just bought a case of Cast hubs for about $75.00.
Valve box???? I'll remember that for future jobs. Good advise.

3D-Designs
10-05-2009, 11:27 PM
I just bought a case of Cast hubs for about $75.00.
Valve box???? I'll remember that for future jobs. Good advise.

How many are in a case? Would you like to reveal the source?

Thanks,
Tim

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-05-2009, 11:44 PM
Guys, can we please keep all references to component costs (dollars) off this forum? This is a public forum and is not the place to be discussing trade prices etc. There is a 'sticky note' to this effect at the top of the thread list.

Regards

Classic Lighting
10-06-2009, 09:12 AM
Guys, can we please keep all references to component costs (dollars) off this forum? This is a public forum and is not the place to be discussing trade prices etc. There is a 'sticky note' to this effect at the top of the thread list.

Regards

Your right. I apoligize. It never crossed my mind when I posted. I'll be more careful in the future.

Les

Pro-Scapes
10-06-2009, 10:10 AM
We used to use the cast spider splice hubs. Real nice looking and well built. They are a bit tight however.

When we do decide to use a hub we now use either the unique ones (we pile these up when we buy 6 packs of fixtures) or as James said a regular valve box works really well. Plenty of room in there and they are easy to conceal.

We have gotten away from using hubs alot and this allows us to use less wire thus wasting less power.

JoeyD
10-06-2009, 02:13 PM
We have 4 different style Hubs ranginf from small to large and haev inline fusing with otu without. For a distributor in your area contact Clark Webb 832.334.8545 he can tell you where in the DFW area youc an puchase them.

Here are the links to our Hub's page. Unique is the innovator of the Hub and the Hub method!

http://www.uniquelighting.com/product_pages/Satellite_hub.htm

http://www.uniquelighting.com/product_pages/Equalizer_hub.htm

http://www.uniquelighting.com/product_pages/GalaxyHub.htm

http://www.uniquelighting.com/product_pages/intelli_hub.htm

The Intelli-Hub has the best connection out of all of them. It allows for a larger connection and is very well sealed!!

Gr1ffin
10-07-2009, 09:21 AM
There are a few manufacturers who make hubs for lighting. Oh, perhaps www.landscapelightingworld.com has them.

Best of luck.

James,

Thank you for the plug.

Unique is the creator of the hub system and I admire their continual quest for innovation. A notable difference between our VoltPro hub and the other hubs on the market is this:
-Our hubs are sealed units that are above ground. This keeps the hub compartment dry, clean, and what we feel is a better environment for connections.
-By being above ground they are easy to check, find and service.
-They are brown (and blend in well to mulch), fairly small (4"D x 5" T), have 8 rubber sealed ports on the sides where cable can enter, and has a ground stake on the bottom so you do not have to dig a hole (faster install, easier to move, doesn't get covered, keeps connections in dry, clean compartment).
-They come with 2 silicon sealed, strain relief connectors as extra added protection (Blazing LVL 9500 DBR).

Contractors of course get wholesale pricing making them what we believe is the best hub that is also the least expensive.

Sincerely,

Alan

irrigation man
10-07-2009, 03:51 PM
we use these all the time and they blend into the beds great plus you can work on the wires with some room to get your hand around they are cheap as well pm me and i can tell you where we get them they will ship sleeves of them direct to plus freight

AztlanLC
10-07-2009, 06:08 PM
We used to use the cast spider splice hubs. Real nice looking and well built. They are a bit tight however.

When we do decide to use a hub we now use either the unique ones (we pile these up when we buy 6 packs of fixtures) or as James said a regular valve box works really well. Plenty of room in there and they are easy to conceal.

We have gotten away from using hubs alot and this allows us to use less wire thus wasting less power.

What type connections you use I started doing LV lighting just recently and have being doing hubs as learned from a seminar, what other type of connections can I do besides hubs?
Thanks

S&MLL
10-07-2009, 09:49 PM
T, Loop, Daisy chain.

Stick with the hub. Quick, Easy, and Simple.

klkanders
10-08-2009, 10:52 PM
AztlanLC,

Just to clarify. A connection is combining wire ends together. Examples include wire nuts, grease filled wire nuts, soldered, crimped, etc.. combined with various grease or silicone filled DBR's.
A hub is a wiring method as are the T, Loop and Daisy Chain. The hub can also be a compartment, usually below grade, to store and access whatever wire connection you have chosen.
I use whatever wiring method the particular installation calls for.....the T, hub or a variation of them.
Hope this helps. Good Luck!

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
10-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Don't be afraid to check out my colleague's new connection system for LV Lighting Systems. www.lightingshrink.com

Crimp on barrel type connectors using a special crimping tool that is fast and secure, covered in sealant filled shrink tubes.

It is faster and easier to use than the ACE Connector and just as robust.

Pro-Scapes
10-09-2009, 11:39 PM
thanks kieth appreciate you jumping in there. There has got to be about 10 pages on wiring methods if you look back.