PDA

View Full Version : The new guy:)

CCT HORTICULTURE
10-05-2009, 10:24 PM
hello

wow were to begin....... here it goes...

I am a high school Student attending the one and only Cape Cod Tech school in Harwich, Ma. well they offer many programs but i have been accepted into their Horticulture program last year. This school is the best. first of all i go to shop (Horticulture) for 2 weeks and then go to academics for 2 weeks and then back to shop and so on. In my shop i learn every thing there is, from operating thousands of dollar machinery to fixing and maintaining them ( like the john Deere 997 z track to the scag to the case 420 series 3) to identifying plants to working in a green house and doing grounds care and there is still much more this school has to offer. This summer i have started my side business after work (landscaping). Right now i am mowing every Wednesday with my lesco 36 inch mower and weed trimmer around to all my accounts in my neighbor hood. As i said i am sixteen and don't have my license yet but next year i will. As i was saying i have multiple lawn counts and multiple account in general around my neighborhood but there are many mower out there. slowly I'm investing in equipment like my truck and my hand made trailer that i made, also am buy better equipment and needs like a sulky or velke. well home work doesn't do it self so thanks for reading

go CCT

STEVE
Edit/Delete Message

DLAWNS
10-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Good for you man....that school sounds awesome man....Welcome to the site!

CCT HORTICULTURE
10-16-2009, 09:26 PM
ya it is we have every thing that a landscaper would dream of skidsteers, 6ft mowers, tractors,

i just want to graduate so i can really have my business take off.

thanks

EcoGreen Services
10-18-2009, 08:36 AM
Good Luck with your education Steve.. I was your age when I started working summers at a local Golf Course.. If you love working outdoors and seeing the tangible results your work makes, you've picked a good career.

g21
10-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Steve,
You are off to an unbelievable start! Keep working hard in school and make sure you take some accounting classes before you get out - especially if you're not continuing on to college. Accounting is such an important part of being successful in business. I know it's boring - TRUST ME...take the class!

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask.
Tommy

CCT HORTICULTURE
11-03-2009, 05:44 PM
thanks a bunch ya my school is great i learn so much and get a great start. i will look into the classes

thanks again