PDA

View Full Version : advertising idea....

hotrod1965
10-06-2009, 09:02 AM
Hey guys,

This question has been asked before with mixed answers.. So I thought I would ask again..

Should I find a house or business on a busy street and dress it up a little and put a nice sign out front saying we did it. We would do the work for free. It realy is going to cost us labor and sign cost. So $100-200ish....

thoughts...experiences????

turf hokie
10-06-2009, 07:05 PM
It is a tough call. There is nothing I can tell that would gurantee anything one way or the other.

My only suggestion is dont go to crazy on it. Keep it simple. If you put too much into it people will think they cant afford it and not even call. Try to figure out what is a simple design that will get attention and not overwhelm.

Residential is a better idea to do as a sample. If you do a commercial, people only think you do commercial and no commercial managers even notice or call. You lose on both accounts....Trust me I did a small commercial and got nothing for 3 years.

I will say it cant hurt. I try to do sample houses in high visibility areas AND for someone that has helped me out in some way. This way I kind of return the favor and say thank you but get something out of it as well.

Let us know how it goes if you decide to do one.

hotrod1965
10-06-2009, 09:55 PM
I had a customer move, so I have about 120ft of C9 roofline I can chop up and about 20 sets of minis, all white. This represents most of our jobs. So I was going to do something tastful in a high traffic area. Around here, we do have a lot of old houses on busy streets that have been turned into law offices..etc. So it would still look like a normal house.

The search is on!

David Gretzmier
10-08-2009, 12:15 AM
We have done this more than once in the past, and have had bad results. I hope it works out for you, but I would invest the same money in paying guys 30 minutes a day to put out signs on intersections of roads for the next 30-45days.

And yeah, we start sneaking those signs out tomorrow here and there.

gotta order more signs.

hotrod1965
10-08-2009, 09:42 AM
I think I would have to choose the property very carrfully....

We have a lot of sign laws here, so since I don't like $500 fines, I have to come up with other ways.... Direct mail works well for us, as does our website, so I am just kicking around some ideas to get the edge...

We have done this more than once in the past, and have had bad results. I hope it works out for you, but I would invest the same money in paying guys 30 minutes a day to put out signs on intersections of roads for the next 30-45days.

And yeah, we start sneaking those signs out tomorrow here and there.

gotta order more signs.

David Gretzmier
10-09-2009, 12:36 AM
Oh, I get calls from the sign police. they pull them left and right. but no fines here.

BeSeenGraphics
10-09-2009, 08:38 AM
Oh, I get calls from the sign police. they pull them left and right. but no fines here.

If you ever need new ones, let me know.