PDA

View Full Version : Installing Cobblestone edging

nlminc
06-24-2000, 10:03 PM
I was pricing a job for a customer for an edge along his driveway and a berm at the end. I figured $12.00 / ft. with mortor. What do you think? I will be using Belgium cobbles that run about 2.95 ea.<p>Chris

Lanelle
06-25-2000, 07:16 AM
How many cobbles are needed to run one linear foot? Are you laying on top of the driveway surface or putting in your own base?<p>----------<br>Lanelle<br>

nlminc
06-25-2000, 08:45 AM
Lanelle, We are going to use a Trench master to trench the line the Cobbles will be set in. Each Stone is 11&quot; long, so with mortor under and around them I would say about 1' per cobbles stone long.<p>thanks, Chris

Lanelle
06-25-2000, 12:30 PM
This is an item with some 'sizzle'---upscale market appeal-- so your pricing can be less competitive than for other products. If you are going to put in a base under the mortar--either a poured foundation or compacted crushed stone and then use a silicone-based mortar for joint to driveway to prevent separation and water problems, then that price should be fine. Just sell the quality of the install-features as well as aesthetics.<p>----------<br>Lanelle<br>