PDA

View Full Version : Big Demand for Used Equipment

DVS Hardscaper
10-06-2009, 08:32 PM
See link:

I like that part that says "the older the equipment, the better...."

http://www.constructionequipment.com/article/CA6698643.html?nid=4843&rid=10418342

mrusk
10-07-2009, 08:50 PM
DVS your a pretty smart guy. You should know that if their was any demand at all for used equipment (which there is not) PRICES WOULD NOT BE SO FREAKING LOW RIGHT NOW.

DVS Hardscaper
10-07-2009, 10:48 PM
DVS your a pretty smart guy. You should know that if their was any demand at all for used equipment (which there is not) PRICES WOULD NOT BE SO FREAKING LOW RIGHT NOW.

mrusk - this may sound silly, but it may be a good idea for one to actually read the links in their entirety prior to commenting. And if you're not sure what it says, I'm sure a 7th grader would be delighted to explain it to you.

Keep in mind - there is no recession in most other countries. The demand for used equipment is stronger than it's ever been.

tthomass
10-08-2009, 02:35 AM
I don't have an issue buying a good piece of used equipment but I would also make sure and have its own little nest egg of money set aside. You can pick up a T250/300 for say $16k with 1200hrs on it. The engine has a LONG way to go but things such as idler wheels (bearings) go out, drive motors........those the two biggest things. Idler wheel is $400+ and drive motors are about $2k each. Assuming the tracks are good, the machine in the short term may end up costing you $20k.

I've got an idler wheel going on my T190 tomorrow..........$447 shipped. The Bobcat brand part ONLY, no labor, is $767..........so there's another tip, skip dealers.