PDA

View Full Version : Can dirty fuel filter on 2 cycle equipment cause vapor lock ?

Cboy7
10-06-2009, 09:22 PM
My red max blowers and weedeaters are starting hard when hot , even after using sentry plus gas stabilizer.

I haven't changed fuel filter in 2 yrs, could that do it?

EMJ
10-06-2009, 09:36 PM
If they are clogged it could contribute.

Breezmister
10-06-2009, 10:14 PM
I haven't changed fuel filter in 2 yrs, could that do it?

Get a metal coat hanger and make a little hook, pull the filter out and change it. They are only a few bucks. Clean or replace the air filter as well and while you are at it, change the plug or re gap the one in it. Simple basic tune up for a 2 cycle.

Cboy7
10-06-2009, 10:42 PM
i put in new plugs and blew out the air filter.
I will pick up a few filters and put them on then.

do you know what size spark plug gap?

ed2hess
10-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Usually any Echo that acts like a heat problem can be helped by pulling the cord a couple times with switch off. Then go to start. I would replace the breather.

loafycleetus
10-07-2009, 11:12 PM
I replaced the fuel pick ups in all of my equipment and found a notable increase in power across the board. It is amazing how slow the power goes down that you don't even notice.

ed2hess
10-07-2009, 11:42 PM
I replaced the fuel pick ups in all of my equipment and found a notable increase in power across the board. It is amazing how slow the power goes down that you don't even notice.
If it is Echo the loss of power is almost always.......dirty exhaust ports. In addition to fuel filter.