PDA

View Full Version : Need help asap

bbritt
10-07-2009, 08:34 AM
i need to know how to replace a belt for a scag 48 inch belt dtiven scag.the belt i need to replace is the drive pully belt where the transmissin is located underneath.it is a small belt.wondering if i have to take the metal bracket off with the wire that runs threw it in order to put the belt threw to the pulley can anyone help me or do you have any ideas thanx

GraZHopA
10-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Download the Operators Manual and the Parts List for your mower here (http://www.scag.com/manuals.html). I hope it helps.

bbritt
10-07-2009, 09:48 AM
i have looked at it but it doesnt explain how to put it on

GraZHopA
10-07-2009, 09:54 AM
No, it doesn't say how to take it off and replace it. It does have an exploded diagram. Sorry that is the best I can do, as I have never owned a belt drive WB. I am sure that someone will chime in eventually. Did you do a search for "belt drive replacement". I have seen this addressed before. Good Luck!

DT Lawn Care
10-07-2009, 10:05 AM
Well, I don't know what model or setup you have, but most WBs have the deck belt on the bottom of the pulley and the trans belt on the top. Assuming that yours is the same, pull off the deck belt. I am sort of guessing that the "wire" is the electric PTO switch wire. So ya, take the tension off of the belt, remove or loosen the bracket that holds the PTO in place so that you can get the trans belt through. You will have to loosen the trans belt tensioner, guessing that it's like most belts, where there is no spring, it is just rammed over and tightened in place. So loosen that, take the tension off, and the belt should come off.

When putting the belt back on, put it on and ram the trans belt tensioner over like as hard as you can and then tighten it. MAKE SURE that you tighten the PTO bracket back down, that is VERY important.

Hope my post makes sense :)

bbritt
10-07-2009, 10:19 AM
thanks for your post i thought thats what i had to do.i appreciate that what a nightmare why cant they just make stuff easy always a nightmare.:clapping:

DT Lawn Care
10-07-2009, 01:08 PM
thanks for your post i thought thats what i had to do.i appreciate that what a nightmare why cant they just make stuff easy always a nightmare.:clapping:

Try doing it on a hydro :laugh: