PDA

View Full Version : Problem with a redmax trimmer?

MikeKle
10-07-2009, 11:03 PM
I go to start my BCZ26 trimmer this morning and it was taking more than usual time to warm up, It felt really bogged down, so I check the air filter first and its fine, then I notice there is no pressure coming from the muffler, This trimmer is only about 4 months old and the muffler is already clogged? I took it off and worked the whole day with no muffler on it! I didnt have time to go back home and clean it out. It worked really well without it, except for being a bit loud, but I can deal with that in return for the performance it gave! Will running it without the muffler all the time cause any problems long term? Thanks.

dgw
10-07-2009, 11:26 PM
really dumb question

you pulled the spark arrestor right?

Lbilawncare
10-08-2009, 12:33 AM
Yes it will cause problems long term (and short term). Starting with a burned arm. Your spark arrestor is prob clogged, pull it out of the muffler. Check the exhaust port for carbon buildup and remove (use seafoam to soften)

Mowingman
10-08-2009, 12:35 AM
Spark arrestor needs to be removed ,and you need to make sure you are doing your gas-oil mix properly. Sounds like you are mixing in too much oil.

ricky86
10-08-2009, 01:37 AM
I need to know how you ran that all day without getting arrested.

MikeKle
10-08-2009, 02:02 AM
I am very careful about mixing the oil/gas the exact same each time, the exhaust port is pretty clean, I cant seem to open up the muffler? The redmax mufflers do split open like normal..right? It was loud without the muffler, but not loud enough to get arrested over! What problems would arise using it like this? other than the hot arm thing, that didnt happen today though.

ricky86
10-08-2009, 09:53 AM
They will run lean without the added backpressure that a creates. Lean = heat

Mowingman
10-08-2009, 10:06 AM
The muffler does not come apart. However, you can take a pair of pliers and pull out the spark screen.