PDA

View Full Version : Best pre m ????

lawnbridge
10-08-2009, 11:45 AM
In you opinion, for the money and results, which pre m is the best for bermuda? I have used barricade, dimension, and pendemethlin. All have worked alright, but kinda wanting to get some input from you guys. Live in central texas, predominatley bermuda some st. Aug.

KES
10-08-2009, 03:08 PM
I live and work in AL and the only yards I treat are bermuda and zoysia. I have used both Barricade and Pendemethlin. I know that there are guys on here that will jump up and down at what I am going to say, but I will say it and explain why.

To me barricade is good but not any better than pendemethlin. I use Aqua cap which is non-staining pendemethlin and have never had trouble with it breaking down to early. I have yards that butt up to mine that the competition sprays with barricade and my yards look better. The reason I believe this is because of the way you put it out.

The competition around here goes after every big yard and tries to cut prices to make a dollar. So they have to spray faster and cut corners because they can not make money. If you put the chemical out at the correct rate, correct spacing, and correct speed. The product works every time. We have had a lot of rain this season in AL and most of my yards that got all of the treatments this year on time have 3-5 clumps of crabgrass in them. The competition who runs and guns have a major weed problems.

When I used barricade I had the same results as pendemethlin. So it is my opinion that it is not worth the extra expense. Hope this helps you out.

lawnbridge
10-08-2009, 03:11 PM
That is what I have been experiencing. I just cant justify spending so much more for the others

VARMIT COMMISSION
10-08-2009, 03:22 PM
I also use Aqua-Cap and have always wanted to try Barricade. But--- Pendi always produces desirable results . It has never let me down. If its not broke I'm not going to try to fix it. I will admit I tried Dimension on one lawn last year and it was the same results as Pendi. I could see no difference. My lawns are all bermuda. The reason I tried it was to see if it outlasted Pendi, it did not! But--- it sure the heck wasn't .27/1000 like Pendi Aqua-cap.

lawnbridge
10-08-2009, 03:49 PM
So Varmit, at what rate are you using pendi?

VARMIT COMMISSION
10-08-2009, 04:37 PM
So Varmit, at what rate are you using pendi?

split app's
1 quart/acre round 1
1 quart/acre round 2
$120.00 per 2 1/2 gallon jug.
That puts it at $12.00/acre or .27/1000

VARMIT COMMISSION
10-08-2009, 04:57 PM
So lawnbridge, what rate are you using?

lawnbridge
10-08-2009, 05:16 PM
using 40 oz. per acre

mdlwn1
10-08-2009, 06:23 PM
1. Barricade can be put down in 1 app and MUCH earlier as it lasts longer than the other 2.
2. Dimension can last as long as Pendi...but usually not. Used mostly for early POST control.

KES
10-08-2009, 11:38 PM
split app's
1 quart/acre round 1
1 quart/acre round 2
$120.00 per 2 1/2 gallon jug.
That puts it at $12.00/acre or .27/1000

?????
You are joking right?

suzook
10-09-2009, 01:17 AM
Dimension can last as long as Pendi...but usually not. Used mostly for early POST control.

I wish i could go back to dimension. Pendi hasnt worked as well as demin.

ted putnam
10-09-2009, 01:27 AM
I have only been using prodiamine for 2 yrs now. The last 2 yrs have been extremely wet. I've had no complaints about the crabgrass control(all things considered) but I've been pretty disappointed with overall broadleaf control. Any time I should have saved not spraying crabgrass, I've spent spraying broadleafs. I'm currently considering changing to Dimension based on a side by side comparison I did this year with some baseball fields. I'm still trying to talk myself into paying for it though.

VARMIT COMMISSION
10-09-2009, 08:51 AM
?????
You are joking right?

Kes, I am not joking. What's the ???? refering to?

Volman
10-09-2009, 09:55 AM
I had some of the same issues. I quit Pendi just because of the staining. The aquacap still stains just as much, just a lighter color of yellow. Whoever has my old Z is still running yellow wheels unless he repainted. Switched to Barricade last year. used 2 apps of 3/4lb with pretty good results on CG, but like Ted i was constantly having to post spray broadleaves. currently using Simizine in the fall pre.. Not sure what I'm going to use next year. If anyone has any tricks on how to keep the pedi from staining the sidewalks, driveways, Z, trailer, pants, shirt, socks, underwear, please let me know

cpa4t9r
10-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Used pendi and dimension in the past. Tried prodiamine this year for 1st time - put out single app at ~6.5 mo rate with excellent results. No breakthroughs even along hard surfaces.

Spring blanket spray with 3-way for broadleaves and no problems. Caveat of course is that I'm in a different zone so you probably have a longer growing season.

KES
10-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Kes, I am not joking. What's the ???? refering to?

Hey sorry I just saw you responded. No I was just wanting to know if you were joking. My label says to us 3.1-4.2 pints per acre with a repeat in 5-8 weeks. That equals out to twice what you are using.
If you are using it at that rate and getting results good. I just always go ahead and use the max rate by the label.

When I saw that I did a double take, I pulled my label at the shop to check the rate. That was all.