PDA

View Full Version : Hand shaking and swine flu

DVS Hardscaper
10-08-2009, 10:47 PM
Most hardscape clientel work in office atmospheres.

Breeding grounds for germs.

So with the threat of the Swine Flu on our shoulders, do you still shake hands when meeting with prospective and current clients??

Ya know, about 2 years ago I had heard that Donald Trump does not ever shake hands. He says hands are filthy. I agree.

Yeah, since the swine flu outbreak, I don't go out of my way to shake hands.

Anyone offering a flu clinic at their company?

Bru75
10-09-2009, 12:27 AM
You worry too much, just carry some hand sanitizer in your truck.

DVS Hardscaper
10-09-2009, 07:28 AM
You worry too much, just carry some hand sanitizer in your truck.

Hand sanitizer is the biggest crock. You need soap and warm water.

stuvecorp
10-09-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm more concerned about getting to go out and do estimates since things suck here lately. So in other words not worried about swine flu.

DVS Hardscaper
10-09-2009, 03:59 PM
I'm more concerned about getting to go out and do estimates since things suck here lately. So in other words not worried about swine flu.

Wouldn't that be all the more reason to be cautious??

Kinda hard to do any work if you're at home sick with the swine flu. which is why precautions are necessary?

Kinda like it's hard to run the administrative aspects of a company if your computer gets stolen, therefore one would not leave their laptop on the front seat with the doors unlocked in a grocery store parking lot.............

kootoomootoo
10-09-2009, 04:45 PM
hmmm.........how bout arms

Groomer
10-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Trump looks somewhat swineish.

tthomass
10-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Sneeze into your hand when you meet them and they won't want to shake your hand.

AI Inc
10-10-2009, 06:13 AM
" I aint afraid of no pig" but if the customer isnt offering a hand , neither am I.

Stone Creations
10-10-2009, 09:06 PM
DVS Im more concerned about the final payment being made....its ok if you shake there hands just dont suck your fingers when you leave..........

johnsonslawnmanagement
10-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Or you could be like the interim mayor of Memphis, tn and impliment a "fist bump" policy, no hand shakes.
This guy met the Dali lahma( spelling?) on the news the other day and instead of shaking his had, gave jim a fist bump! I about fell out.
Posted via Mobile Device

Icepuck72
10-26-2009, 04:22 PM
Everybody needs to chill with the Swine Flu...it's the flu...just do what you normally do. Shake hands...then wash them...if you can't don't touch your face...how hard is that? And the hand sanitizer does work.

CHRIS MELROSE
10-26-2009, 04:46 PM
I have actually resorted to the so called "fist bump"..I use to think it was kinda wanna be gangsta but realized it only makes sense. With all the flu stuff going around you tend to realize how anti hygiene people are. I mean set the flu thing aside-to many people dig,scratch,and pick and I don't need to be shaking their hands....