PDA

View Full Version : Dump Costs

AGLA
05-07-2002, 06:29 AM
What are you the places in your area charging to dump various materials?

$120 per ton for "demo" here.

LawnLad
05-07-2002, 07:52 AM
I can only gauge with 1 ton dump size loads -

Harvard Refuse for building materials/demoltion (anything but green waste): $20.00 for soil per load, $30 minimum and up to about $45.00 if the load has a lot of timbers/ties.

Boyas Excavating for clean fill and yard waste about $20 to $30 a truck. Concrete, ashphalt, logs, bricks, etc. all for about the same price.

DeMilta Sand & Gravel - takes concrete, ashphalt, bricks, etc. Don't know the cost - but it's very inexpensive. They recycle the concrete and brick for resale - so they don't charge much of anything to drop it off.

Other various local places charge a little more ($11.00 to $16.00 per CY) to dump yard waste - no soil, timbers, stumps, branches, etc.

John Allin
05-07-2002, 08:05 AM
No landfills in PA accept yard/lawn waste.
We have to find alternative (legal) methods to get rid of debris.
We recycle our own. As long as we compost and recycle our own (and don't accept material from others, or accept materials and charge for it) we don't need a permit (according to the local DER office). Although DER does inspect us monthly to ensure that we have no "garbage" in the piles.

Bob Minney
05-07-2002, 08:25 AM
Pick up load is $20- 30 if over cab. Double charge if uncovered.
Posted rates show truck/trailer size and not weight. There is a scale but I do not have to deal with that.
Accept grass, branches, leaves, anything but hazardous waste.
Not an issue for us, but they also take tires, refrigerators, and a few other listed items at an additional per item charge.

mdb landscaping
05-07-2002, 09:30 AM
$120/ton for demo? holy ****. I thought i had it bad at $30/ton. I shouldve kept my single axle dump trailer, cause it was only $2 a load no matter what weight. now with my double axle i have to get weighed. oh well.

Stonehenge
05-07-2002, 11:15 AM
John,

What do you do with your compost? Potting mix or soil amendments? Or do you give it away to anyone wishing to take it? I'd be interested in learning how you approach that.

And you must tear out some concrete slabs, and have wood and brick waste from hardscape projects - landfills take that?

As for us, around here the landfills charge $18/ton, but that's really on the expensive side for us. Most of our waste, if just soil, goes to places looking for fill. If it's concrete, brick waste, etc, it goes to the quarries, who charge around $6/ton.

dan deutekom
05-07-2002, 05:49 PM
In Lindsay anything that goes to landfill is $70.00 a ton. Good soil we dump at our yard. Compostables go into a separate pile. Anything else that is good fill is dumped anywhere someone needs it. We always have somewhere it is wanted. Every couple of years we shred the compostables and used in the making of triple mix which is then sold at $25.00 a yard. All bruxh and wood is burned in late winter but this will probably end soon because it is getting harder and harder to get a fire permit.

gogetter
05-07-2002, 08:49 PM
John the landfill near me takes yard debris. It's Waste Management. They go $35 a ton with a half ton minimum. When dumping some other stuff there recently I saw huge piles of mulch (even colored) and compost. Not sure what they do with it though, sell it? Use for township? Dunno.

But anyway as far as regular dump sites other then landfills, there is a landscape supply near me that sells everything for commercial landscapers (equipment, trailers, etc.), but they also sell firewood, mulch, topsoil, etc.

To dump there they charge me $10 for pick up bed full and $15 for my 5'x10' trailer size full.

heygrassman
05-07-2002, 09:30 PM
I have a place here that will take yard/brush waste for free. They make mulch from all of it...

GreenQuest Lawn
05-07-2002, 09:56 PM
I Pay $3.00 a yard (packed) for leaves, grass, or dirt, ect. Sticks or brush must be chipped first.

AGLA
05-08-2002, 05:41 AM
"And you must tear out some concrete slabs, and have wood and brick waste from hardscape projects - landfills take that? "
That is $120/ton here. There are no landfills here. We have transfer stations.

I did not realize that dumping is as reasonable as it is in other places until the post about dumping concrete. Pay attention, these methods and rates may creep their way to you. -----------

thelawnguy
05-08-2002, 07:52 AM
$75/ton for non-burnables (demolition, roofing, etc) and yard waste (stumps, leaves, brush, clippings) $71/ton for burnables (household trash). They charge $75/ton to dispose of metal debris but usually the scrapyard down the road from the landfill will accept mixed ferrous/nonferrous loads at no charge, pay you 1/4c a lb for clean iron, various amounts for sorted nonferrous loads.

gogetter
05-08-2002, 02:29 PM
AGLA the land fill I had mentioned in my post takes broken concrete and rocks at only $5 a ton! They classify it as "road base". There can't be any wood in it obviously, but some dirt is ok.

I took a load of backyard dirt with LOTS of rocks in it and some pieces of concrete from an old patio. It ended up being 3/4 ton and only cost me $3 !!!.

rick_reno
05-08-2002, 02:38 PM
Free here to county residents. I hauled six PU loads up there last week - it's about 10 mi. from where I was working.

Kevin@Siteworks
05-08-2002, 10:52 PM
grassman... sorry for the messed up post....anyway, where are you dumping for free?........we've been taking our stuff to Kurtz Bros on Roberts Rd....what a racket, they charge you $6/ton for compostables that are then ground up and turned to mulch, soil mix, etc....and sold back to you at around $19/cy......thanks

Mykster
05-09-2002, 02:18 AM
$35 per ton with a minimum of $17.50. I also have a place I can dunp for free but, he's out of the way on most days. So the days I'm working in his area I will take it there.

PAPS
05-09-2002, 06:57 AM
Grass = $12.00/yd.
Brush = $11.00/yd.
Logs = $11.00/yd.
Leaves = $6.00/yd.
Fill dirt = free
Wood chips = free
Lumber/RR ties/building materials = $75.00 / ton.

heygrassman
05-09-2002, 09:30 PM
grassman... sorry for the messed up post....anyway, where are you dumping for free?........we've been taking our stuff to Kurtz Bros on Roberts Rd....what a racket, they charge you $6/ton for compostables that are then ground up and turned to mulch, soil mix, etc....and sold back to you at around $19/cy......thanks

Kevin.. I dump at Kurtz oh Rohr Rd. in Groveport. It is right around the corner from me (literally) leaves, shrubs, limbs under 14", grass clippings, etc are free to dump. Sod and logs over 14" are applicable to the tipping fee per ton. My guess is they are charging up north cause they have to transport it down here to chop it up..

off topic, if you are looking for some new trucks, I have a line on some lease vehicles that are up for sale that are pretty reasonable. All fords and rams vary from half to 3/4 ton's. Drop me a note at jeff@ascapes.net.. sorry to go off topic

jf

DavidD
05-23-2002, 11:58 PM
If its under 6" in Diameter i dont pay anything :p