PDA

View Full Version : hi all, and two Qs

vapochilled
10-09-2009, 08:44 PM
I'm going to to do two paver patios one for me, and one smaller one for the next door neighbor.

First problem, my wife wants a circle feature that has large stones, the only ones I can find are the EP henry devon stone and the Bradstone
Both are spendy and the install fills me with dread. Do any of you know of a circle kit that uses the large stones from another company?

Rex Mann
10-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Belgard's product Mega Bergerac comes in a circle

Peace,

Rex

http://PaversInstalled.Com

Woodland
10-10-2009, 07:33 AM
What's the second question???

vapochilled
10-10-2009, 09:23 AM
What's the second question???

Ha, yes

It's a tough one to explain in words.
The grade for the neighbors patio drops away at one corner sharply by almost a foot.
So , we need to build up that corner in order to lay the patio. Off to the side is an 18" field stone retaining wall, his patio will be on the high side of this.
I was thinking to bring in( we access to tons) 5 or 6 of these big stones and extend the wall around the front of the patio area and fill will base material(not soil).
Build up the area and then put the patio corner (small amount of patio will be affected).
I assume that it will settle and this little corner of the patio will need to be repaired next year once it has settled.
I'm not an expert in civil eng, but have a rough idea. The area of the patio that will be affected is small, maybe 18" square in the corner, but it would look odd if we simply clip the corner off.
If it stops raining, I'll post a picture that will make it clear I think.