PDA

View Full Version : jerky ZTR hydros

GCAN
10-10-2009, 09:37 AM
I recently purchased a Exmark Lazer Z and the hydros make the unit so jerky, The mower as 33 hours and the controls seem so jerky....the very least pressure and it jerks. A friend that has a landscape business came by and used it and agreed it is jerky. He also had a new unit he just purchased and both me and the wife drove it and the new unit operates so much smoother.

My mower is at the dealer and he is hung up on me trading up to the bigger newer model mower instead of looking at my problem.
Is there anything I can do to help this problem? is there any way to adjust down the pressure on the hydro's? or even the controls?

Restrorob
10-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Is there anything I can do to help this problem?

Sure there is...... Tell this freakin dealer you want YOUR machine fixed or give you another JUST like it that functions properly.

You do not want to monkey with a under warranty machine, It can give any dealer grounds to deny any future warranty.

Good Luck

WALKER LANDSCAPE
10-10-2009, 11:15 AM
You dont have to take it to the dealer to fix it. You fix it save you some money. Flip up your seat you will see a set of little shock absorbers connected to your control sticks. Those need to be replaced you can manage this. We go through them once a year.
It is two bolts for each one.
Good luck.

GCAN
10-10-2009, 11:15 AM
good point on the waranty..... but the closest dealer doesn't represent very well.....I am considering trading my mower in on a wider cut mower. The mower was purchased 6 months ago and has 33 hours on it and he offered me 1/2 what I paid for it as trade in.
I told him based on that I would never want another Exmark if they lose their value so fast....1/2 in 6 months.
Unfortunately looks like I need to find another dealer and the next closest is about a hour from the one that has my mower now.
Live and learn

WALKER LANDSCAPE
10-10-2009, 11:18 AM
I think they are called control dampners. (SP)

GCAN
10-10-2009, 11:20 AM
should they go out in 33 hours of use?

so is the jerkyness (sorry) a sign they are bad?

WALKER LANDSCAPE
10-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Yes it is a sign.

GraZHopA
10-10-2009, 12:31 PM
The mower was purchased 6 months ago and has 33 hours on it and he offered me 1/2 what I paid for it as trade in.
I told him based on that I would never want another Exmark if they lose their value so fast....1/2 in 6 months.
Unfortunately looks like I need to find another dealer and the next closest is about a hour from the one that has my mower now.

Wow that was festive of him to offer you 1/2 of what you paid for the mower six months ago. Almost anyone would give you 50% for it. You need to find a new dealer, as this one appears to be a crook. If he won't stand behind the warranty on your current mower, he most likely will not stand behind a bigger mower if you trade up.

Restrorob
10-10-2009, 07:32 PM
You fix it save you some money

How can he save money buying warranty parts and fixing it himself ???

He still loose's his azz trading at a 50% loss !

I'm with GraZHopA, This dealer is a crook...... :dizzy:

WALKER LANDSCAPE
10-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Yes he might be a crook I did not read the entire post. I just answer the question at hand. The thread did not read "My dealer is a crook"
Now he has the knowledge to go to the dealer and tell him what is wrong with his machine. :):)