PDA

View Full Version : fuel tank rusted out

t j lawn care
10-11-2009, 01:33 PM
I need information on where I can purchase a after market fuel tank for a Homelite generator. The fuel tank on this generator is rusted out. This is a 8 hp honda engine with a 6 to 10 gal fuel tank. Please help any Ideas where to purchase one.
Thanks for all your help.

SLR
10-11-2009, 02:44 PM
If it's just a pin hole clean/sand area and apply some gas tank repair goop,Much cheaper
for like $7.

t j lawn care
10-11-2009, 03:26 PM
thanks for your help , but the tank is a total mess, with a hole the size of a half dollar and several smaller holes.

SLR
10-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Yup for sure time to spring for a new one!

topsites
10-11-2009, 05:02 PM
I'd like to know this as well, I've got a 5 gallon tank on a grinder that,
even thou it's nowhere near leaking but the rust clogs the filter in no time...

The solution thus far has been to keep it full of gas, unfortunately the machine
doesn't see much use so then the fuel has to be emptied so it can be used
elsewhere, then the tank refilled...

I haven't had much luck asking around town, perhaps someone here knows...

Restrorob
10-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Homelite has been out of business for years, Not sure where you would find a compatible tank.

You and tops might consider this sealer;
http://reviews.ebay.com/How-to-use-the-KREEM-Gas-Tank-Sealer-Kit_W0QQugidZ10000000001059206

I only used the above link due to the instructions of how it works.....

It's been around for many years and I've used it myself with satisfactory results, Just bond a patch over the larger hole and the sealer will plug the pin holes without a problem.

If used/applied properly it will last for years, The tank on my ATV was still leak-free after eight years when I sold it.