PDA

View Full Version : 32" walk behind

wallygator
10-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Has toro ever made a 32" walk behind with 2 blades? I have a 32" proline recycler single blade that i just bought. it aint worth what i paid for it. it's new but doesn't mulch at all. i changed the blade to a gator, it helped some, but it still doesn't mulch in a healthy lawn. i also get a stripe of taller grass where it "misses" even though i overlap 4 - 6".

The Toro Company
10-27-2009, 04:54 PM
wallygator -

1. We do not recommend any blades other then a Toro approved blade. Gator blades have not been tested by Toro for safety, performance or durability so we can’t attest to its performance. Toro does make a toothed blade called Atomic Blade that you might try (Part# 104-8595 for the 32”), but it is typically used in side discharge mode.

Regarding the stripe you’re seeing, here are a few recommendations that might help.

To obtain the best quality of cut:

For best results make sure the blade is always sharp.
Always operate the machine at full throttle, making sure the engine RPM is set per the operator manual
Cut only 1/3 of the grass blade at a time.
Mow only dry grass or leaves.
Clean the clippings and dirt from the underside of the mower deck after each use. (Grass build up inside the mower will affect cutting quality.)
If the finished lawn appearance is still unsatisfactory, try one or more of the following:

Reduce the ground speed of the unit.
Raise the cutting height on your mower deck.
Alternate mowing direction to keep the grass standing straight - this helps disperse clippings, which enhances decomposition and fertilization.

-The Toro Company