PDA

View Full Version : Wood Mould Brick

Tallcane
10-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Full disclosure upfront, I am a DIY that has been using this forum as a learning tool. I joined so that I could search; however, I have a question I am hoping folks will be willing to weigh in on. I am balancing using a brick paver versus a wood mould brick. The wood mould brick is significantly cheaper which, to be honest, is very attractive. Having said that, I am trying to figure out if there is a quality issue wth using the wood mould brick. One thing of note, the wood mould brick is not solid throughout, it has a hollow indentation on the back side. In case anyone needs to know, I am located in Tallahassee, Florida and am planning a patio area.

Does anyone have any exerience with wood mould brick or any opinion on why it is or is not acceptable for use in a patio application?

Thanks in advance for anyones help.

Bru75
10-12-2009, 07:35 PM
The brick should be fine if it is from a reputable manufacturer and intended for in-ground use.
I have used moulded brick from Cushwa with no problem. My customer and I were both very pleased with the results.

Tallcane
10-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Thanks Bru. The brick is from Boral which I believe is a large manufacturer. I just wanted to make sure I was not putting something down that was destined to have quality issues.

CertPro
10-13-2009, 01:11 PM
Boral is a quality manufacturer. EP Henry teamed up with them last year and started distributing their product.