PDA

View Full Version : Silverking Lawncare

mwilson3
10-12-2009, 09:41 PM
as in Tarpon. I like to fish.
I live in Tampa and started just cutting my rental house and moms. I have a friend who does lawncare and it seemed like a good op for additional income. TONS of competition in this area but we can cut all year.
I am,by trade, and insurance guy (10 years) but was tired of kicking back 40% of pay to some fool that doesn't know anything...except to get my 40%.

I did a bunch of research, thanks LS and even "borrowed" a service agreement from this site and in 1 month have 15 monthly accts at 80 minimum a month. Enough to get my first ZT. Already had the other stuff for the house, but pushing 15 yards got old!
I still work part time as insurance guy but am working on full transition, just need to see what happens during the slow months and see if accounts fall off. Props again to this site for the resources. I even put a pic of my new ride on that thread.

A few thoughts for other newbies. I got licensed and insured, first and formost, GET INSURANCE! You will damage something sometime! Yes, You Will!

Most important to new accounts is exsposure, and track it. What work and what does not. I put and ad in our area flyer, minimal results per doller spent. I bought signs and put them in my areas of service again, got me my 1st client but that was it. The BEST way so far for me has been biz cards on the mailbox. Grass roots but it HAS worked. Just a thought and I hope you save some cash.
Mike

mwilson3
10-12-2009, 10:34 PM
PS any ZT tips you guys wanna offer so I don't break my shiz!

DLAWNS
10-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Good luck in your transition...and welcome to Lawnsite!

g21
10-20-2009, 08:10 PM
Mike,
Welcome to the industry. Your business experience will pay big dividends. Coming from the insurance industry, I'm sure you have figured out by now that this business is based on relationships. Just get out there and network, getting business, especially in the Tampa area is easy.

If you need any help with any area of the business, don't hesitate to ask.

God Luck!

Tommy