PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Figure Life Out

TheKonz
10-13-2009, 09:46 AM
I know this can't be done, but I will try anyways.

I've been in and out of the Lawn Care/ Landscaping business for about 10 years now. I'm 23 years old and I just graduated from Mississippi State in May from the 5 year plan(one year of finding myself in Nashville) with a degree in Business Admin with concentration in Risk Management, Insurance, and Financial Planning.

After trying the Insurance field out as an Agent I decided that calling on people day and night to try to convince them to buy something they probably don't want wasn't for me. I've been toying with the idea of starting my own lawn care company. I've been on this great site searching and reading for hours on where to start. So I have been in excel crunching numbers and figuring out how much this will cost to start up, what will be my monthly expenses, and from a business side what is the best formation for my company.

So that's where I'm at and I'm going to talk to a friend about a loan for the equipment, trailer, business needs, and some start-up cash. After this I'm going to get licensed, insured, registered, and all that good junk. Then its to advertising and talking with everyone I know. I'm going to say thanks for all the advice already given and the advice that will be given in the future.

Chris

Shasta Lake Landscaping
10-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Trying to figure life out? I'm 56 and still haven't a clue...

LushGreenLawn
10-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Trying to figure life out? I'm 56 and still haven't a clue...

Wierd part is, we won't know for sure until we die.
Posted via Mobile Device

Toy2
10-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Trying to figure life out? I'm 56 and still haven't a clue...46 and in the same boat as him ^^^^^^......I'm home because of all the rain, but since I work for the Government I'm getting paid, so its not that bad.....now my LCO buddy is stressed out to the max because of the rain.........you'll be fine....:usflag:

TheKonz
10-13-2009, 01:45 PM
Yeah, I don't think I'll ever figure it out, just want some income....

Shasta Lake Landscaping
10-13-2009, 10:50 PM
46 and in the same boat as him ^^^^^^......I'm home because of all the rain, but since I work for the Government I'm getting paid, so its not that bad.....now my LCO buddy is stressed out to the max because of the rain.........you'll be fine....:usflag:

Oh I wasn't referring to hard on work or low income or anything of that nature, business has been really good since day one, which I am very thankful for...I just mean life in general.

MarkintheGarden
10-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Good luck to you Konz! It sounds like you are on the right track as far as getting into this business.
As for life, the meaning of life is whatever meaning you bring to it. You can enjoy it or suffer through, it is up to you.

TheKonz
10-14-2009, 10:47 AM
Good luck to you Konz! It sounds like you are on the right track as far as getting into this business.
As for life, the meaning of life is whatever meaning you bring to it. You can enjoy it or suffer through, it is up to you.

Thanks!! I totally agree with you on the meaning of life, it's all of what you make it.

DLAWNS
10-16-2009, 06:29 PM
Good luck and welcome to the site!

TXNSLighting
10-18-2009, 12:09 AM
Life is what YOU make it. Just go with the flow and make the decisions that feel right.

TheKonz
10-18-2009, 02:56 AM
Thanks guys, I think I'm making the right move getting into the business full time. I feel good about it!