PDA

View Full Version : Skid loader

paul
06-03-2000, 08:45 PM
ok Guys and Gals<br>The decision been made when thru all the loader and the winner is................<br>John Deere<br>it was a close race but the yellow machine won. not so much on lifting but smoothness shifting the two speed trans,better rear and side visability and ease of maintance.<p>just for a run down on pricing and features.<br>all machines had to lift at least 2600 lbs<br>all had to reach 10'5&quot;<br>all had to have vertical lift path<br>options with each machine<br>weight kit<br>backup alarm<br>tooth bar for bucket<br>warning lights<br>two speed if option (no machine was tested with out two speed)<p>ok on with the test<br>since it has rained for the last 20 days or so and none of my good projects we were able to test out a machine doing the actual work, we brought out two pallets of brick and one pallet of Versa-lok cap units.<br>machine had to lift at least the cap units(3500 lbs) or if it did that then would try with two pallets of pavers.<br>results are<br>if you want brut force get the Case XT95 it will lift two pallets of brick off the truck with out breathing hard. But it had its down fall first operating levers thought i was doing a work out video had too really move your arms to make that thing work in and out with the levers after about an half hr it was begining to wear me out. Then the real kicker $42K plus tax.<p>Next New Holland LS190<br>nice machine all most as strong as the case won't lift 2 pallets of brick off truck but would pick them up off the ground and could carry them with out too much problem.<br>down falls side visability was the worst of any machine when they changed their arms to the new style they lost all visability to eather side unless you carry the load real low not hitting the ground with a tree ball being carryed with forks might be hard if you need to see out the sides. it had the best visability for the cutting edge of any machine that i have run but you sit too low for looking out the back. Price as tested $35,800 plus tax<p>John Deere 270 two speed<br>They make this one in a single speed and two speed model, get the two speed it flies.<br>lifting is as good as the New Holland but you can see out the sides and back the seat is great full supension.<br>in lifting you can lift two pallets of brick off the ground without much problem and can carry it easy. did have a weaker tilt backon the bucket cylinder but a small bump on the controls and it came right back.<br>price champ too at $32K<p>if you have any questions ask away<br><p>----------<br>paul<br>

Lanelle
06-08-2000, 10:24 AM
Congratulations! Hope that pretty, new, yellow toy makes you lots of money. Maybe it will even stop raining long enough for it to get a real work-out.<p>----------<br>Lanelle<br>

southside
06-09-2000, 09:53 AM
Paul,<br> Did you get a chance to test the new<br>Cat skid steer? They are just coming out<br>over here and was wondering how they went.<br>Bobcat 753's,Mustang 2040's and Case 1840's<br>are the most popular machines here at the <br>moment.<p>Karl<br>

Stonehenge
06-09-2000, 07:00 PM
I haven't done much research on them, but I thought the Cats were supposed to be puny machines, with lift capacities around 1700 lbs. Too small for my work.

paul
06-09-2000, 11:49 PM
Southside right now the CATS are too small. and don't have a vertical lift path plus they don't have the 2 speed yet. <p>----------<br>paul<br>

dougjohnson
06-12-2000, 08:06 PM
Have any of you seen the new small loaders like the toro dingo or the ramrod. They seem expensive for such a small machine although for a small landscaper with limited space on his trailer or garage it might be ideal. If any has an opinion on this or equipment they recommend.

paul
06-12-2000, 09:19 PM
do a search on Mini skid loader <p>----------<br>paul<br>

Lanelle
06-14-2000, 04:56 PM
I was paging through the 6/15 issue of American Nurseryman and there it is--the new JD Skid Steer---definitely the most stylish one around. They will even send out a free video of them. To get it call: 800-477-1043.<p>----------<br>Lanelle<br>

The Mowman
06-14-2000, 07:55 PM
What about the Bobcat 873. It is 73 horse disel with a rated lift of 2400 and vertical lift path. Have not priced one out, but it looks pretty good. The 2400 pound lift is without weight kit.<p>----------<br>Stephen<br>

paul
06-15-2000, 07:03 AM
Stephen, I was looking for more lift without weight kit all others are rated at their lift of at least 2600 lbs without weight kit. <p>----------<br>paul<br>

steveair
06-15-2000, 03:34 PM
hello, <p>Just to add on to the conversation. Was at a local JCB dealer and saw th robot for the first time. Neat looking machine. The side door was nice.<p>On another note, was wondering about why none of you guys who are concerned about Lifting capavity think about a fork/high lift machine. <p>We are looking to get a used JCB 505-20 to replace a LOED we use to have, but is far past its retirement. We looked at two today, one was a 90 and the other a 93. They wanted 30K for the 90 with 4500 hrs and 40k for the 93 with 2500 hrs.<p>My question is why not think about a used machine like this. It can lift over 5000 lbs and not only lift it, but get it 20 ft in the area. The machines are very maneuvable with the 4 wheel steering, and by getting a bucket for it, it can have other uses. <p>When hearing you guys talk about prices for new skidsteers, I always think about how you want the big time lift capacity. It seems like this might be the way to go if you need something big to move heavy loads. <p>steveair

paul
06-15-2000, 04:40 PM
Steveair, I have to do other things with that machine, like excavate move trees and dig holes for trees, move gravel into tight places. No for right now skid steers are still the best for 90% of the work that we do. For larger jobs that have alot of lifting and long carry distance your right a JBC or Tela-handler would be nice. <p>----------<br>paul<br>

Stonehenge
06-16-2000, 05:41 PM
I don't mean to be a nob, but why the importance of a vertical lift path? Is it so you get good extension when lifting things really high? I don't do that much, so that wouldn't seem important to me. Unless there's some other, more obvious, reason a vert lift path is desirable.<p>I just got my copy of American Nurseryman, and it has the postcard to send for the free video. Can't hurt to look.<p>Here's a question...Is the JD compatible with all the attachments you have for the rest of your fleet of skidloaders? Hydraulic couplers the same, mounting system/brackets the same? Otherwise, are you having to buy new/different attachments for every loader?<p>At the stage my company is in, redundancy is becoming very important.

paul
06-16-2000, 07:32 PM
Stonehedge, I need to load semi's with it and the lift path is important to me, along with lift height this way I can load them from one side. Plus lift path is vertical you can unload semi flat beds without crowding the tires.<p>----------<br>paul<br>