PDA

View Full Version : Software upgrade

snking1
10-13-2009, 09:37 PM
I use Lawn Pro right now, but it's a little unstable. Is there anything out there that's not too expensive (I know expensive is relative)? I like Lawn Pro but it's always freezing up and it really seems a bit primitive.

nick9882
10-14-2009, 11:25 AM
I've been looking at Qxpress,it works with quickbooks.It looks like a real soild program.Have also been lokking at Real Green.Real Green has a big price tag,about $15,000,Qxpress starts at around $500.00 and up to $2000.00.Really depends on what you are looking for.If you are looking to grow your bussiness Real Green has all the marketing tool you need,just something basic to run your bussiness,Qxpress is would be the best bet.I know there are programs out there too,but these are the ones i have actually looked at,alot of them give you a free demo online.

americanlawn
10-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Been looking into QXpress for a year now. Based off Quickbooks Pro (which we don't use right now). Main things I want: 1) Printed invoices & 2) Plotted routes (Map Quest).

I've been looking at Qxpress,it works with quickbooks.It looks like a real soild program.Have also been lokking at Real Green.Real Green has a big price tag,about $15,000,Qxpress starts at around $500.00 and up to $2000.00.Really depends on what you are looking for.If you are looking to grow your bussiness Real Green has all the marketing tool you need,just something basic to run your bussiness,Qxpress is would be the best bet.I know there are programs out there too,but these are the ones i have actually looked at,alot of them give you a free demo online.

nick9882
10-14-2009, 10:08 PM
For printing invoices and and routing Qxpress should do just fine.i am pretty sure you can export your route straight into Microsoft streets and Trips.That is what we use for routing right now,it saves alot of time thats for sure.it takes me about 5 min.to make a route of 25 stops.,which includes printing invoices,putting them all in routed order and doing call aheads.

phasthound
10-15-2009, 09:12 AM
I've also been looking into Qxpress. I like what I see. I think the routing is done through Map Point. I believe it also allows you to make make notes so you have a history of customer contacts.

lka123
10-15-2009, 10:13 AM
I looked at Qxpress and Real Green. I went with Real Green it took me about 6g to get going, I have not looked back sense. This up coming spring I plan on adding the mapping and marketing program to my system. Give Real Green a call and have them do you a demo in line. I thing the money spent on Real Green is money well spent !!!!

nick9882
10-15-2009, 11:56 AM
I do agree that Real Green is good,most likley the best.By the time everything was all said and done and they gave us a price it was $15,500,that is with the mapping and cust. assistiant,and marketing.the only thing i dont like about it is their support fees.Even if you pay the $15,500 all at up front,you still pay $165.00 a month in support.

Kiril
10-15-2009, 12:04 PM
If you are computer/software savvy there are a number of open source applications that are FOC. What the hell is Real Green providing for those exorbitant prices?

nick9882
10-15-2009, 12:11 PM
From what i can tell they are offering marketing,other than that it seems like any other software.Even after you buy the software and everthing elde,you still have to pay to do any marketing(like mailings),i know you can add upsells on your invoices,but $15,000 to do that???

americanlawn
10-15-2009, 03:49 PM
That's what we thought too. IMO real green is a ripoff. All we need is mapping, printed invoices, and a "missed app's" report. Other than that......:confused: