PDA

View Full Version : fert and pesticide app forms

fastcat
10-14-2009, 06:17 PM
i have been searching all day for a form to fill out and leave with the customer after a fertilizer and pesticide application. check boxes would be nice. can some one give me a website to order some from or show me an example of what you use. thanks

jbturf
10-14-2009, 09:51 PM
best method for me was to custom design and have printed some treatment slips,
i had them done 2 sides in color, on heavy card stock , about 4" x 8"

the best place to start is to find out what your state requires you to leave for info,
and then design from there
g/l

Envi-Lawn
10-15-2009, 08:18 PM
NEBS.com They will customize their stock form for you. Very easy to deal with.

atouchofnature
10-15-2009, 09:18 PM
I designed my own form & had it printed by carbonlessondemand.com

ksJoe
10-15-2009, 10:38 PM
Its not a pesticide & fertilizer form, but here's one for when the customers are upset.

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/1141/is5vb.jpg

atouchofnature
10-16-2009, 01:23 AM
Its not a pesticide & fertilizer form, but here's one for when the customers are upset.

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/1141/is5vb.jpg

I love that form. I'm going to have a pad of those printed up for my kids. It would really save them a lot of time.

Where did you find that?

DA Quality Lawn & YS
10-16-2009, 02:05 AM
You will want to check with your state's regulating authority to see what they require on the form. For instance, MN Dept of Ag has a sample form online to print and use (which I did this year). Next season, I am going to glean info from the form and create a custom one through my local print shop that is a double carbon copy AND has my logo, etc (all the std stuff) preprinted on the form.

foreplease
10-16-2009, 08:24 AM
Check with your Department of Agriculture or whatever the agency is called in your state. In Michigan, they will give you a spiral bound notebook with blank forms containing the information they require. You could use that or make your own and have it printed based on that.

I created my own in Word and saved it as a template. Although I keep a book of printed copies in my vehicle, having the completed form on my computer has been great. I can tie it to invoicing, forward to the customer, use it over the winter when planning for their next year’s program, etc. When I make an application I open Word, go file-new-and choose my own template from the list of document types, then fill in the blanks and save as whatever the job name is. Mine has several drop down boxes to make sure I answer consistently and easily. There is a place for a photo, current weather conditions (wind, temp, cloudy or sunny, time of last rain, chance of rain in next 2 hour/24 hours/48 hours). Of course the application rate, my license info, customer info, target pest, what PPE I used, etc. is shown. But I also include information that will help me manage the site and evaluate results. Usually I work from a proposal that I wrote the previous winter with anticipated problems and proposed materials, dates, and rates. What actually gets done months later may differ based on actual conditions.

The form is much longer than most people here would care to use. Mine is not practical for the typical lawn applicator who does several or even dozens per day. In my case (working on athletic fields), pesticide applications are a small part of what I do; I do several per year not per day. After working with the one I have I know that if I were doing lawns, I would still try to come up with something on computer that I could complete while at the site.

ksJoe
10-16-2009, 10:39 AM
I love that form. I'm going to have a pad of those printed up for my kids. It would really save them a lot of time.

Where did you find that?

It was on http://digg.com/. It made the 'top in 24 hours' list a couple days ago.

digg is a site where anyone can submit anything they like (or, "dig"). Then anyone else digg it too. They have have pages for the top in the day, week, month, year, etc.