PDA

View Full Version : Stihl FS 75 & 80 over heating I think?

Eagleseye
10-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Ok, this should be an easy one, for some of you. Have some older Stihl's that I have cleaned up and want to put back in service. I have removed engine and cleaned, new spark plug, fuel filter, new coil. I have removed piston to inspect; mild carbon on top of piston, rings look ok. Doesn't appear to be any scoring.
Machine will start 3 to 4 pulls, and will run for about 8 to 15 min. depending on the working load, then will just die. They will restart when they cool.
Any suggestions?

ed2hess
10-14-2009, 11:23 PM
New coil......gaped right? Clean out the exhaust port? Usually they don't get much in them however.

milike
10-15-2009, 09:13 AM
Ok, this should be an easy one, for some of you. Have some older Stihl's that I have cleaned up and want to put back in service. I have removed engine and cleaned, new spark plug, fuel filter, new coil. I have removed piston to inspect; mild carbon on top of piston, rings look ok. Doesn't appear to be any scoring.
Machine will start 3 to 4 pulls, and will run for about 8 to 15 min. depending on the working load, then will just die. They will restart when they cool.
Any suggestions?

new fuel cap???

sounds like vent is plugged

Accu-cut Lawn Care
10-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Put new primer bulbs on them. They are overheating-losing gas due to a lean condition caused by that air leak.