PDA

View Full Version : Aerator Value

oakwdman
10-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Guys, I am looking at possibly trading my 52" lesco hydro wb for a Ryan Lawn Aire 28 thats 5-10 years old (I dont remember exactly what the guy said lol) in hopes of making some $ aerating this fall (now lol). My question is what would this aerator be worth to you? I will have pictures tonight as he is sending me some. From what it looks like this is a $5-$6k machine new.

ghfire
10-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Too late try next year.

mdlwn1
10-15-2009, 12:00 AM
Too late for aerations this year. But that machine is like nothing else out there. It will burn a few belts and eat through a few teeth over time...but otherwise ROCK solid. I used those for about 12 years running them 6 hours per day for 2 months every year with not 1 problem. We dropped one several time off the back of a cab forward box truck with no issues. As to the value..its hard to say. Ive never seen one for sale. No one I know that owns one has ever sold it..they just keep going. Pm me if you buy it and would like to know the tricks for using it. I wonder how many responses you'll get from guys who think its a roller?

oakwdman
10-15-2009, 12:14 AM
Too late for aerations this year. But that machine is like nothing else out there. It will burn a few belts and eat through a few teeth over time...but otherwise ROCK solid. I used those for about 12 years running them 6 hours per day for 2 months every year with not 1 problem. We dropped one several time off the back of a cab forward box truck with no issues. As to the value..its hard to say. Ive never seen one for sale. No one I know that owns one has ever sold it..they just keep going. Pm me if you buy it and would like to know the tricks for using it. I wonder how many responses you'll get from guys who think its a roller?

So your saying I SHOULD try and trade for it? lol. It looks like an awesome machine from the promo videos ive seen on youtube. I've never been too huge into aerations but would definitely get into it more if I were to get this machine.

mdlwn1
10-15-2009, 12:43 AM
It's the only aerator that can do it all. I dont know what you would be trading for it, so I cant spec if you should get it or not. Just keep in mind that it will destroy anything within 2.5" of the soil surface. It will punch holes in some rocks as well as pull rotory heads out of the ground and throw them a foot or 2! Def not a machine for beginners (not sayin you are).

Pistol
10-15-2009, 02:54 PM
one for sale on e-bay - $3,750 - maybe give you an idea about value

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190330308429

americanlawn
10-15-2009, 03:59 PM
It certainly is NOT too late to aerate. We prefer late September through late November. Too late?.....I think not. :usflag:

This same mentality also applies to folks who say the mowing season is over by October 1st in the upper Midwest. :laugh:

LBZFAN
10-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Looking to upgrade for 2010, I have Two Ryan Lawnaire 28's for Sale, a 1994, and almost new 2006. They are listed on craigslist in the Minneapolis area under "lawn care sprayer equipment". Would like to sell as a pair. $5500. Contact me via Craigslist or on this site,

Thanks

mdlwn1
10-18-2009, 09:16 PM
Looking to upgrade for 2010, I have Two Ryan Lawnaire 28's for Sale, a 1994, and almost new 2006. They are listed on craigslist in the Minneapolis area under "lawn care sprayer equipment". Would like to sell as a pair. $5500. Contact me via Craigslist or on this site,

Thanks

Upgrade? Unles your trying to get a larger machine....you would be DOWNGRADING.

Stillwater
10-19-2009, 01:26 AM
Not to late to areate in the New England area

LBZFAN
10-19-2009, 10:07 AM
Upgrade in a sense of a ride-on aerator, coming across larger properties and sports complexes to do. No complaints on the 28's. they are awesome machines! But I need even more productivity than they are currently giving me. The 28's are great machines on sod, and a good fit for small to medium size companies.

mdlwn1
10-19-2009, 11:56 AM
That makes sense....

oakwdman
10-19-2009, 11:19 PM
Update: No longer going to trade for the aerator but I now know what machine I will look for if I ever buy an aerator. Youtube video made this look like quite a badass machine.