PDA

View Full Version : Nice Z

MacLawnCo
05-08-2002, 12:44 PM
I was pleasantly surprised to see that my local dealer has now become a Hustler dealer. I checked out the 60" machines he had there. I wanted to let you know that they looked bulit proof and very well thought out. I can't wait to get a demo, it will be sweet!

I wanted to ask about the Super Z. I know on competing Zs with the higher ground speed, they do not recomend putting the machines on hills. Is this true for your Super Z as well? Also, when can I get one with a Kohler 26 EFI?

Thanks
Jason

Artman
05-08-2002, 04:26 PM
I don't know about other high-speed machines and slopes, but the Super Z is awesome on a slope.

There are no plans for a Kohler engine in any Zs at this time.

MacLawnCo
05-11-2002, 07:35 PM
My question about the slopes was directed more towards the pumps and wheel motors getting ruined by going up and down the grade. Is this a problem on your machine as it is on other brands with the high ground speeds. My appologies for not making this more clear.

Jason

Artman
05-13-2002, 04:27 PM
I asked the engineer who designed the Z and Super Z and got the scoop. Other high-speed Z-riders use BDP 10 pumps and MB 15 wheel motors. The Hustler Super Z uses BDP 21 pumps and White 18 wheel motors. The larger number refers to the displacement of the hydraulic components. A BDP 21 displaces twice as much oil as a BDP 10. The Series 18 wheel motor displaces 20% more oil than the Series 15. This means that we are pushing more oil at lower system pressures thus ensuring longer system life. At lower speeds, the BDP 10 and Series 15s are more than adequate for slope handling. At higher speeds, the larger displacement components offer greater system life.

Also, our oil cooler is superior because we use a cooling fan to cool the oil. This results in much superior oil-cooling capability.