PDA

View Full Version : "In-Lite" paver lights - color options

Stonehenge
05-08-2002, 06:56 PM
Just got my first shipment of In-Lite paver lights...

Along with the light assemblies and white lenses, they sent along the full range of color lenses, too.

I've heard the colored lenses really reduce the light output of the lights, but wanted to get more input. Do they reduce the output? Is it enough to make those lights undesirable, even though they may more closely match the paver color in the day?

DaveK
05-09-2002, 08:23 AM
The darker colored lenses do reduce the light output. Although they are still very visible and serve their purpose along walkways.

If you use them in the face of walls or steps (for "area" lighting) , I would stick to the lightest colors.

diginahole
05-09-2002, 06:26 PM
Don't those things use 4 watt bulbs anyway. I don't think they are really meant to light up the path in the first place. I have used the brown shaded lenses, no complaints. As to the undesireable part... I think they take care of that all on their own, but that is just this guy's lowly opinion.

kris
05-09-2002, 10:00 PM
I can't say I have ever used them ... I liked the look off them at the trade show. Are they tough enough to stand up to our cold winters and snow shovelling?

DaveK
05-10-2002, 07:48 PM
I don't think they are really meant to light up the path in the first place. As paver lights, no, they aren't meant to light much of the area. More like runway lights at the airport, they just "show the way."
But when used on the face of steps, they will light the step.