PDA

View Full Version : What type of block is this

Crusher Run
10-15-2009, 08:51 PM
My local garden center has acquired some wall block from a landscaper that is going out of business. They are bunch of mixed pallets and several types of stone. They have roughly 50 square feet of this block. I'm going to purchase them to do a couple small wall in the back yard. I want to go to the manufactures website to get more data but I don't know what kind they are. Do you?

DVS Hardscaper
10-15-2009, 10:14 PM
that's Celtik Wall manufactured under the Belgard name

Crusher Run
10-16-2009, 07:50 AM
Thanks a lot DVS

AztlanLC
10-16-2009, 08:26 AM
isn't the celtik wall double face?

EagleLandscape
10-16-2009, 08:44 AM
yup, DVS. thats what it is. No celtik wall is not double faced (that I know of) I've built 3 walls using celtik, all single face that i know of.

DVS Hardscaper
10-16-2009, 09:13 AM
isn't the celtik wall double face?

Celtik does have a double faced block. however, the block in the photogragh is not the double faced.

etwman
10-17-2009, 09:52 AM
Hardscaping Jeopardy. I love it. DVS ....."I'll take Tumbled combination engineered walls for $800 Alex"

Job Signs for $1000. Whoa Daily Double. DVS "I'll wager $2000." Here's your image. "It doesn't even fit in the monitor....wait......no.....what is Matt Rusk's job site sign." Correct. Sorry Matt I just had too.

kootoomootoo
10-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Speaking of Matt where is the finished pics of the pool house job with no pool How long has it been.......Did they adopt him.........maybe they claimed him as a dependent on taxes ........might be a selling point.

Crusher Run
10-18-2009, 06:13 PM
Hardscaping Jeopardy. I love it. DVS ....."I'll take Tumbled combination engineered walls for $800 Alex"

Job Signs for $1000. Whoa Daily Double. DVS "I'll wager $2000." Here's your image. "It doesn't even fit in the monitor....wait......no.....what is Matt Rusk's job site sign." Correct. Sorry Matt I just had too.

HAHA Now final Jeopardy, What is the block in the back of the Pic.

DVS Hardscaper
10-18-2009, 08:59 PM
HAHA Now final Jeopardy, What is the block in the back of the Pic.

I believe it's a Rockwood block.

Crusher Run
10-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Yes it is Classic 6"

Krafty
10-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Oh gosh that Celtik wall pic brings back bad memories..........

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
10-19-2009, 12:29 AM
Oh gosh that Celtik wall pic brings back bad memories..........

What when we were having color issues????????????

Krafty
10-19-2009, 05:58 PM
What when we were having color issues????????????

I have only done two of these walls, both turned out very nice but talk about a pain. Here is one pic of one I did. The other I will have to look and see if I have any pics. This one was not too terrible. The other one was out off of Wild Horse Creek Road if that gives you a hint, but we mixed, the don't quote me but I think it is like, 90mm and a 130 or 135 mm block, and added the jumper block. There were also square corners so it seemed like you needed a d*mn PHD just to figure out the pattern. I hate those little plastic clips. It just seems like it takes for ever. It has a nice look but I think you can get the same look out of much simpler systems that has a little more support also.

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
10-19-2009, 09:33 PM
LOL! I pretty much stick with Anchor, VL, and some Rockwwod.

Crusher Run
10-20-2009, 10:44 AM
Yeah I noticed the color looked a little awkward, but for a buck a piece, I'll work with it.

Last year I paid 8.29/Piece for Rockwood 6 Classic delivered.

Krafty
10-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Wow the Celtik wall around here if I remember right was around 8 to 9 bucks a sq ft you got a good price. I can get the Rockwood blocks for around three and a quater here.

Junior M
10-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Speaking of Matt where is the finished pics of the pool house job with no pool How long has it been.......Did they adopt him.........maybe they claimed him as a dependent on taxes ........might be a selling point.
He's in the process of ordering a large crane to take the sign down..

Crusher Run
10-20-2009, 08:16 PM
Wow the Celtik wall around here if I remember right was around 8 to 9 bucks a sq ft you got a good price. I can get the Rockwood blocks for around three and a quater here.

WHAT $3.25 For a Rockwood Block!!! How could this be? I spent nearly 2K just for the block.

Yeah I'm going to buy all they have for that price. They don't regularly stock wall block, so there just looking to get rid of it.

Krafty
10-20-2009, 08:41 PM
Sorry I just looked it up but I wasn't to far off. I am paying for the 6" classic straight face natural block $3.45 and for the colored blocks I am paying $3.75 a block. The caps are $3.45 a piece as well This is picked up from there yard however, but when I go I usualy get alot a one time. The place is Leamy Concrete Block CO. Inc in St. Louis Mo.

Krafty
10-20-2009, 08:41 PM
LOL! I pretty much stick with Anchor, VL, and some Rockwwod.

Who do you get most of your blocks from?

DVS Hardscaper
10-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Celtik wall block is one of the easier blocks to install, even if it's a radiused wall.

I heard today that Rockwood is trying to get rid of their block. Has something to do with a lawsuit they were hit with, was told it had something to do with patent infridgements.

Krafty
10-20-2009, 10:18 PM
I guess it is just personal Preference.

What block are they thinking about getting rid of??

Crusher Run
10-21-2009, 10:06 AM
WOW I guess the price is in the delivery. I still need pavers, any suggestions on the cheapest way to buy these. If their charging 4-5$ a foot at the store to pick up, then there must be a way to get them much cheaper.

DVS Hardscaper
10-21-2009, 04:33 PM
WOW I guess the price is in the delivery. I still need pavers, any suggestions on the cheapest way to buy these. If their charging 4-5$ a foot at the store to pick up, then there must be a way to get them much cheaper.

Some manufacturers will sell pavers for cheap if they have color defects, or other defects.

Last year, I had a client whom purchased 6400 SF of pavers from the manufacturer for $1 per SF, which we installed. The pavers appeared to be suitable and to my knowledge - so far so good!

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
10-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Who do you get most of your blocks from?

Depends on the job location. Usually Kirkwood, Earthworks, Wholesale, EDP, and Action landscape if I'm that far south. I'm not married to any one company anymore, so unfortunately I'm not in the "Buddy club" for referrals.

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
10-21-2009, 06:29 PM
Celtik wall block is one of the easier blocks to install, even if it's a radiused wall.

I heard today that Rockwood is trying to get rid of their block. Has something to do with a lawsuit they were hit with, was told it had something to do with patent infridgements.

I heard that awhile ago but haven't heard anything lately. What company have they infringedon?

zedosix
10-21-2009, 06:47 PM
I've yet to see a double faced "celtik-block" in Canada. I hate the stuff personally and will not install it again until they sort out qc issues.

Krafty
10-21-2009, 10:02 PM
Depends on the job location. Usually Kirkwood, Earthworks, Wholesale, EDP, and Action landscape if I'm that far south. I'm not married to any one company anymore, so unfortunately I'm not in the "Buddy club" for referrals.

I hear ya on that. I use to deal with EDP a ton but, there customer service is just flat out terrible anymore. So I am pretty much all over the board also. I didn't know action sold that much retail. They are right down here by me I will have to check them out.