PDA

View Full Version : Keeping your customers!

coqui landscaping
10-16-2009, 01:03 AM
HEY GUYS THIS IS THE END OF MY FIRST SEASON NOW HOW DO I KEEP MY CUSTOMERS DURING THIS GAP of the start of the next season ???

and this question is for instance if you are not getting any work like fall clean ups or hardly any cuts from them how do you keep them ??

dKoester
10-16-2009, 02:07 AM
Ask them. Its that simple. By now you should at least have a good reputation from each of these clients. Client relationships are very important when it comes to business. Call em or give them a Christmas card, know their birthday. Do something creative..

Stillwater
10-16-2009, 03:50 AM
ahhh, this is where your reliability, the quality of your work and efforts and your unwavering honesty pays off....

before the last cut confirm next year with them.

Roger
10-16-2009, 07:15 AM
You don't say anything about your location. Are you sure you are done for the season? Even those properties in the north still have leaves and Fall work, right? If you have finished with mowing (and leave), there may be other work remaining, and the customer may have to find somebody else to do that work, possibly leaving you out next Spring.

Be sure the customer does not need more work until EVERYTHING is done. Once somebody else starts doing some work, you are at risk for loosing that customer.

Allens LawnCare
10-16-2009, 08:16 AM
Touch base with them, I offer a friends and family refferal program, prepayment for 2010 season by March 15th gets them two free cuts.....(Cuts done durning fall cleanups anyway)

Kennedy Landscaping
10-17-2009, 06:54 AM
Do good work, try to do some odd jobs throughout the winter so they don't forget you. Send em a newsletter and x-mas card. I always send a letter right before the season saying I'm still around, if you don't want my services call me ASAP. They don't call I show up. But overall it just takes good work to keep customers it seems like. Good luck.

coqui landscaping
10-17-2009, 01:59 PM
thanx guys all good advice

ruffs
10-21-2009, 02:35 PM
simply for me its reliabilty you dont stop cutting the lawn till they get did of you. just start cutting in the spring unless told not too.your a servise. to me not showing up in the spring to cut is quiting. its there job to fire you. butt i dont have contracts that could be diff