PDA

View Full Version : First Post

EcoGreen Services
10-18-2009, 09:27 AM
Hey everyone,
Just thought I'd sign up here finally.

I've been in the industry,, Well,, For more years than I care to remember sometimes starting as a teen doing turf maintenance at a local Golf Course.

I own a medium size property maintenance company. (5 crews) We've recently re-branded ourselves to better convey our philosophy of minimizing environmental impact and even have a website now, My Son & Daughter have also now joined me in the business... I'm not a huge one for the internet but have found a lot of great info here.

Enough Rambling.

Cheers.

DLAWNS
10-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Welcome to lawnsite!

TheKonz
10-18-2009, 03:26 PM
Welcome, I'm sure you will have much to offer here with your history of experience.

g21
10-20-2009, 08:27 PM
Welcome,
Love to hear about family businesses! I like your website and logo. Looks like you're still working on it but you're off to a good start!

Let me know if you ever need help with anything.

Good Luck.

Tommy

EcoGreen Services
10-20-2009, 09:09 PM
Thanks Tommy,

Long story Short, I had 2 partners , I'm in the process of shutting that chapter in my life. Going Smaller, Reducing costs and overhead , Smaller customer base in a tighter geographic area. Just me and my kids this time with my Wife doing the books and billing.. It evolved into a job I hated because instead of being outside doing what I love I seemed to be spending more and more time on the admin end of the business. Lifes too short not to do what you love.

Ya, I'll have to crack the whip on my little guy to finish that website.. (He's only 13 but pretty good with all things computer related)

LR3
10-21-2009, 01:17 AM
Cheers! and welcome aboard!

RHooper
10-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Welcome, and good luck in your "NEW" venture, chapter 2, I guess. Good luck with it, and keep us posted.
Rick