PDA

View Full Version : Hi real quick question

igtgame
10-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Finding out answers when it comes to reciprocity is like impossible, i am a licensed applicator and operater in New jersey and now moved to florida, what do i have to transfer licenses, also with these two licenses what does it take to be allowed to fertize,use weed controls, fungicides,, i want to open my own lawn care company but am a little unsure about how to approach it without being fiined and what not, any helpful suggestions would be greatly appraciated, been a lawn tech for Scotts for almost 4 years

turf hokie
10-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Your out of luck, Gonna have to take the test again according to my quick search. See link below.

http://pep.wsu.edu/ctag/pdf/recip/Practices_Apendix_04.pdf

Get in touch with RIC, I am sure he would love to help out a New Jersey guy that just moved to FLA:waving:

Seriously, RIC would be a great source of info for you as to how to go about getting the license.

Ric
10-18-2009, 07:11 PM
igtgame

IF you have a CURRENT Certification from an other state, the time requirement to sit for the Florida CPO test is only one year working for a Commercial Application Company. You can only sit for the test category of the License or licenses you have and worked under for one year.

If you are new to Florida, I strongly suggest you take the time to work for a Commercial application company getting both the training for this climate and the license. The difference of having a License and not having a License will be Day and Night when you start your own company. However their is enough Profit and Market share that you may just want to only be a pesticide company. I think with your experience knowing what Chemicals cost and a year of seeing both the profit level and the poor work being done by others, You just might want to be a pesticide company only.