PDA

View Full Version : Honda HR215 Transmission Problem

Hannzo24
10-19-2009, 05:30 PM
I have a Honda HR215 hydrostatic push mower that is having transmission problems. I can't get the shift lever to vary the speed, it only goes one speed now, which is really fast. I also can't get the wheels to turn when I pull and go backwards. I checked the fluid and the throttle cable to make sure it was working, which it is. What should be my next steps to diagnose this problem? Thanks.

TCam
10-29-2009, 05:48 PM
Hi Hannzo, I've attached some information from a service manual on the the HR215 Hydro, I'm not that familiar with the HR215 but hope the information will help. TC
Jeremiah 29:11

bgrandall
11-17-2013, 07:36 AM
My HR215SXA with hydrostatic trans just started acting up yesterday. When engaging transmission, it goes a few feet and then stops. I adjusted both the drive and gear cables to no benefit. I took off the plastic cover, the drive shaft is turning, but no power out.

Both levers have splines on them and best I can tell it looks like there is no play.

I have never even thought about changing fluid in this trans. I have two of these units, both 10 years or older. But they are fabulous machines. A new trans is more then 1/2 what I paid for the unit, would love to fix this at minimal cost.

Brian Randall
gypsumguy@gmail.com

tigerepairdotcom
11-17-2013, 01:39 PM
Go look up this on youtube, there are a lot of people that have repaired that tranny for you tube. I thought about buying one for a while then i got my brand new condition 160 series for like $80 which I could not say no to.

robert@honda
11-18-2013, 10:48 AM
My HR215SXA with hydrostatic trans just started acting up yesterday. When engaging transmission, it goes a few feet and then stops. I adjusted both the drive and gear cables to no benefit. I took off the plastic cover, the drive shaft is turning, but no power out.

Both levers have splines on them and best I can tell it looks like there is no play.

I have never even thought about changing fluid in this trans. I have two of these units, both 10 years or older. But they are fabulous machines. A new trans is more then 1/2 what I paid for the unit, would love to fix this at minimal cost.

Brian Randall
gypsumguy@gmail.com

Share the serial number off the back of the mower deck with me, and I can look up and post some troubleshooting. It should look somewhat like this:

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y483/robertathonda/lmserialnumber_zps63822669.jpg

FYI, the SXA was the gear-drive model. The HXA is the hydrostatic one.

-Robert@Honda
Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding is my opinion alone.