PDA

View Full Version : Sentar

chariot
05-09-2002, 02:34 PM
It seems that my last post has disappeared, atleast it does not show up on my computer. I was wondering if you could show us the pics of the new seat yet. Are they on the models that are now in production? I have inquired at my dealer and he didn't know there was going to be a new seat. I was wanting to see the new seat before purchasing because I would imagine that the seat would be cheaper if it were purchased on the machine vs. upgrading to it later. Thanks

Wright Mfg
05-09-2002, 04:15 PM
chariot- We have not introduced the new seat even to our Distributors and Dealers. Our policy is to introduce it to them first when it is time to do so. Sorry but I cannot show pictures or comment on the status of any future product or R&D project especially on a public forum until I have the green light to do so.

Sorry about that, but I have recently become more aware of how sensitive these matters are (partly due to our continued dealings with patent infringers and others that copy our ideas).

JV

chariot
05-09-2002, 09:27 PM
I wasn't trying to be pushy. I had the understanding from another post that you were going to have a picture sometime around ????. I also thought that in the same post I read it said these were going to be set into production around the same time. I cannot find the post that I thought I read. I was just wanting to wait to purchase if it were going to be out soon, I had also considered going ahead with the purchase if the upgrade were not going to be very costly.

Wright Mfg
05-10-2002, 08:47 AM
I understand you completely.

I've been instructed not to give out any further information (such as cost , availability , pictures, etc.) on products or projects that havn't been fully introduced by normal channels (Distributors, Dealers, press releases, ads, trade shows, etc.)

Again, sorry I can't tell you what you want to know.

JV

OBRYANMAINT
05-13-2002, 07:09 PM
I have a sentar with just over 700 hrs on it.

While the machine and its cutting ability are of the most excellent performance as i have voiced before, the seat leaves something to be desired in the comfort area.......most that disagree say that it is ok,but then they are usually not the ones sitting on one for 8 to 10 hours a day.

While i have had excellent service from my dealer and from wright on replacing the voluntarily recalled parts and free upgrades...the seat still needs some serious work, and i thought it would have been fixed by now as all of the other very minor glitches have.

It was nice to hear from my dealer and before from the rep on this sight ,that a fix is in the near future.This must have been a ploy to sell some machines.I realize i seem salty, again I am only unhappy with the comfort of a fabulous machine......I mean you can have the best machine in the world but if you cannot be somewhat comfortable on it what good is it?

My sentar still cuts better than my brand new turf tiger in most situations...hands down .........but i spent my money on scag and not another wright simply because the seat is comfortable