PDA

View Full Version : Size 12, The new Pesticide

cphillips0053
10-20-2009, 05:46 PM
Only stuff like this happens in my city...
I thought the whole situation was hilarious.
Not the animal cruelty part.

Man guilty of animal cruelty after stomping opossum to death in front of police

A Vernon Hill man was found guilty Monday of animal cruelty after he stomped an opossum to death while on a June 20 ride-along with a Danville police officer.

Evan Bryce Schuler, 23, appealed the judge’s decision, and his case will now move to circuit court.

He appeared in Danville General District Court, where Judge M. Lee Stilwell Jr. reached his decision after hearing two police officers’ testimony.

Officer M.A. Gibbs said she and other officers had stopped at the gas pumps off Monument Street at about 6:30 a.m. Schuler was with one of the officers, J.R. McBride.

While there, Schuler got out of the cruiser and chased an opossum as it ran along a fence, Gibbs said.

“He grabbed a hold of the links of the fence and just started stomping,” she said.

Schuler then ran back to the police cars.

“He was like, ‘I shouldn’t have done that,’” McBride said.

Schuler’s attorney, James Priest, said that his client was riding with McBride because he was thinking about applying for a job with the police department. But that job evaporated after the animal cruelty charge. Schuler also served in the military and does not have a criminal record, he added.

Priest said his client grew up on a farm, where opossums killed more than 50 of his chickens. Schuler acted on “strict, basic instinct,” Priest said.

Robert Adams Jr., senior assistant commonwealth’s attorney, said that opossums and other animals act on instinct as well.

“Hopefully, what differentiates us, is that we don’t just act on instinct,” Adams said.

He understands how Schuler’s life on a farm might influence his actions, but that was a whole different situation, Adams said.

For instance, a dog bite doesn’t give anyone the right to shoot every dog that he sees, Adams said.

http://www2.godanriver.com/gdr/news/local/danville_news/article/man_guilty_of_animal_cruelty_after_stomping_opossum_to_death_in_front_of_po/14769/

The last part about shooting a dog comes from this cop shooting a dachshund for charging at him a few months back.
:hammerhead:

sedge
10-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Only stuff like this happens in my city...
I thought the whole situation was hilarious.
Not the animal cruelty part.

http://www2.godanriver.com/gdr/news/local/danville_news/article/man_guilty_of_animal_cruelty_after_stomping_opossum_to_death_in_front_of_po/14769/

The last part about shooting a dog comes from this cop shooting a dachshund for charging at him a few months back.
:hammerhead:

a good opossum is a dead opossum by what ever means......:waving:

americanlawn
10-20-2009, 07:52 PM
Anybody that goes out of their way to abuse, mame, or kill an animal is not a friend of mine. :hammerhead::hammerhead:

Studies show that young people that do these things to animals are more likely to abuse people later in life.

Did the opposum do something to this guy that warranted a violent death? :confused:

grassman177
10-20-2009, 08:08 PM
wow, nice job there guy, better apply at walmart!

americanlawn
10-20-2009, 08:52 PM
Prob is, we don't run the same ride-ons that you do. If we did, we'd be in the "welding business" -- or maybe in the "rust-removal" biz.

Aren't you the same guy that bashed Ray? I think so. That's why I "consider the source". Ray asked for advice, but you trashed him (in your typical immature Z-Spray style).....too bad, cuz most Z-Spray guys are top notch. So is LT Rich. So don't be surprised if your are not the November poster boy for Z's.

Okay bud, I know I'm rubbing you the wrong way, but I figure you deserve it. Mainly regarding your value of native animals.

2 units = less than 2 days downtime all year (mostly for upgrades), americanlawn :usflag::canadaflag:

wow, nice job there guy, better apply at walmart!

foreplease
10-20-2009, 09:16 PM
I understood grassman's comment was directed at Evan Bryce Schuler.

Don't have an opinion on this one but I find I agree with many of grassman177's posts. I could be all wet but think you read something into this one that maybe isn't there.

It happens sometimes.

a plus bob
10-20-2009, 09:18 PM
Larry :nono: :nono: :nono: I am sure Grassman meant the guy wanting a police Job not you :hammerhead:

americanlawn
10-20-2009, 09:47 PM
That's cool. Sorry grassman if I offended you. But I am an animal lover, cuz most of them were here before we were. Heck -- I even feed the racoons, etc (when we have snow cover during the winter). Opossums & neighborhood cats are always welcome too, cuz they got to eat in order to survive. I use cheap dry cat food, and it's common to see cats, coons, opossoms, etc eating at the same time -- seems they all get along.

What gets me are folks who build expensive homes in wooded lots...then they complain about native animals.

Hope this clears this up. Sorry grassman. Z's are fine units.

sedge
10-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Anybody that goes out of their way to abuse, mame, or kill an animal is not a friend of mine. :hammerhead::hammerhead:

Studies show that young people that do these things to animals are more likely to abuse people later in life.

Did the opposum do something to this guy that warranted a violent death? :confused:

agreed. killing a opossum by smashing it's head in quickly is not abusing it. he killed it. i used to have to kill our sick kittens when i grew up on the farm. one quick hit on the cement block with the head, dead instantly, no suffering, no abuse. sick calves, hammer to the head, dead usually one hit. just because he killed it by unorthodox means doesn't make it abuse. abuse would be to poke at with a knife for an hour or related to kill it...

americanlawn
10-20-2009, 10:08 PM
I understand where you're coming from. I was raised on a farm in NW Iowa, and my parents considered the "barn cats" a very low priority. Many died due to starvation, and most had frost bitten ears, But the wiser/older I get, I realize that all animals have needs and they also have individual personalities, just like humans.

So to starve them, abuse them, mame them, or kill without reason truly disgusts me.

ted putnam
10-21-2009, 01:17 AM
I understand where you're coming from. I was raised on a farm in NW Iowa, and my parents considered the "barn cats" a very low priority. Many died due to starvation, and most had frost bitten ears, But the wiser/older I get, I realize that all animals have needs and they also have individual personalities, just like humans.

So to starve them, abuse them, mame them, or kill without reason truly disgusts me.

Years ago I saw our HS Football kicker punt a oppossum like a Football about 40 yds and 30 ft in the air in the light of a street lamp. It was dead when it hit the ground. I thought it was funny at the time. Does this fit the definition of abuse?? Am I going to smoke a Turd in Hell for thinking it was funny at the time??

cphillips0053
10-21-2009, 07:41 AM
I just thought of it after I posted... Maybe Rodicide would have been better fitting?

I posted this because I get this picture in my head from the cops point of view watching this guy holding on to a fence stomping a mud hole in the opossum and saying to each other "wtf is this guy doing?"
Then then the icing on the cake when he comes back "I probably shouldn't have done that"

What an idiot LOL

chrisby316
10-21-2009, 11:21 AM
Its abuse because he killed it when he didn't have to. This wasn't an animal that was struck by a car and was killed out of mercy.it was a opossum just going about his day
Posted via Mobile Device

cturf
10-21-2009, 11:22 AM
Did he have an applicators license

cphillips0053
10-21-2009, 11:36 AM
:laugh:
I'm pretty sure he didn't need one unless he stepped in some type of chemical in route.

cphillips0053
10-21-2009, 11:39 AM
AGAIN!!!!
ONLY IN MY CITY
This may warrant a thread of its own.

http://danville.craigslist.org/clt/1430978350.html

Michael Jackson Nipple Warmers - $90 (Danville)
Date: 2009-10-21, 9:14AM EDT
Reply to: sale-rnwtw-1430978350@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Most people know how fanatical MJ was with Hygiene and appearance. He HATED having hard nipples show thru his shirt so he wore fur-lined pasties on his nipples to keep them from showing thru. I have a pair of black, fur-lined Nipple Warmers worn by MJ during the filming of his infamous Pepsi Commercial when his hair caught fire. These come with a certificate of authenticity and are a must have for any MJ collector. I wore these on several occasions and my boyfriend loves when I just wear them around the house. They feel and look great!!!
Call David at (434) 709-9550

Stillwater
10-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Evan Bryce Schuler needs a stomping

Pythium
10-21-2009, 03:40 PM
"I wore these on several occasions and my boyfriend loves when I just wear them around the house. They feel and look great!!!
Call David at (434) 709-9550 "

WTF!! You just decreased the value of them by $600.00 by wearing them. Stupid ass. :rolleyes:

grassman177
10-21-2009, 10:49 PM
wow, yeah Larry, was talking aobut the guy trying to get the police job in the story, i dont think he did a very good thing. wow, all up in my A$$ for no reason. though i wil accept the appolgy as you were under the wrong impression!!

ted putnam
10-22-2009, 09:35 AM
That's cool. Sorry grassman if I offended you. But I am an animal lover, cuz most of them were here before we were. Heck -- I even feed the racoons, etc (when we have snow cover during the winter). Opossums & neighborhood cats are always welcome too, cuz they got to eat in order to survive. I use cheap dry cat food, and it's common to see cats, coons, opossoms, etc eating at the same time -- seems they all get along.

What gets me are folks who build expensive homes in wooded lots...then they complain about native animals.

Hope this clears this up. Sorry grassman. Z's are fine units.

:clapping: Great save from post #5 :dizzy:

americanlawn
10-23-2009, 09:37 PM
Sorry bud - I'm an ass sometimes (more like a dumbass), and I surely jumped the gun. Truly sorry about that. My bad. Guess that's why they say "assuming" = an ass out of U & me ...., and that's me sometimes. Sorry, cuz you're good people.....even though you run Z-Sprays. :laugh::waving:

wow, yeah Larry, was talking aobut the guy trying to get the police job in the story, i dont think he did a very good thing. wow, all up in my A$$ for no reason. though i wil accept the appolgy as you were under the wrong impression!!