PDA

View Full Version : large area aerating

fastcat
10-20-2009, 07:41 PM
I had this in the lawn renovation forum and haven't gotten a response.
i have a good friend that has about 10 acres of fescue and it irrigated. i am going to use his tractor and rent a pluger to put behind it. what should i charge to plug it for him taking in mind i am using his tractor. price per k or should I charge by the hour.
Posted via Mobile Device

a plus bob
10-20-2009, 07:47 PM
Charge him for rental of aerator and your time in the seat per hour.

chris@perfectlawncare
10-20-2009, 08:04 PM
i charge 20 per k but you could probably be cheaper because you're using his equipment....
Posted via Mobile Device

David Haggerty
10-20-2009, 08:38 PM
i charge 20 per k but you could probably be cheaper because you're using his equipment....
Posted via Mobile Device

That would be $8,712
Yeah I'd say you could probably discount that about eight thousand dollars!

Raymond S.
10-20-2009, 09:31 PM
$20/1k is about double what we get around here. Most guys are around $9-$11 / k but that doesn't apply to acreage that large. The big question is which one of you are going to mark the heads? Realistically though, why isn't he doing the job? You are going to use his tractor, he's going to rent the aerator. I'm guessing he's probably going to expect to pay a couple hundred bucks. W/ a pull behind I can't see it taking anymore than 4 or 5 hours to go over it all once. I'd give him a blanket price and make sure he knows you're pretty much paying to just sit on the tractor. Again, I can't really see why he doesn't just do this himself.

chris@perfectlawncare
10-20-2009, 09:47 PM
$20/1k is about double what we get around here. Most guys are around $9-$11 / k but that doesn't apply to acreage that large. The big question is which one of you are going to mark the heads? Realistically though, why isn't he doing the job? You are going to use his tractor, he's going to rent the aerator. I'm guessing he's probably going to expect to pay a couple hundred bucks. W/ a pull behind I can't see it taking anymore than 4 or 5 hours to go over it all once. I'd give him a blanket price and make sure he knows you're pretty much paying to just sit on the tractor. Again, I can't really see why he doesn't just do this himself.

Yeah, correction.

$20 / k is for overseed and aeration and on smaller properties. ^^^ has it right... why isn't he doing it himself?

fastcat
10-20-2009, 10:08 PM
He is really busy with work and other personal things and he just dosent have the time. I will also be over seeding it. That will be fun. I haven't figured out how I will go about slinging the seed. Walking behind the lesco spreader on 435600 sf would be one hell of a work out.
Posted via Mobile Device

mdlwn1
10-21-2009, 01:20 AM
Yeah, correction.

$20 / k is for overseed and aeration and on smaller properties. ^^^ has it right... why isn't he doing it himself?

Sooo...your going to drive to a 1500/ft lawn...aerate it, seed it and then charge 30 bucks? Are you using a roller type as well?...LOLOLOL

corey4671
10-21-2009, 01:31 AM
He is really busy with work and other personal things and he just dosent have the time. I will also be over seeding it. That will be fun. I haven't figured out how I will go about slinging the seed. Walking behind the lesco spreader on 435600 sf would be one hell of a work out.
Posted via Mobile Device

you can rent a 3 point hitch PTO driven seeder for the tractor...

Raymond S.
10-21-2009, 08:38 AM
I assume he is talking about a lawn tractor, which is likely to not have a PTO, just my guess.

chris@perfectlawncare
10-21-2009, 09:16 PM
Sooo...your going to drive to a 1500/ft lawn...aerate it, seed it and then charge 30 bucks? Are you using a roller type as well?...LOLOLOL

No, there is a $180 minimum. I use a 19" Ryan aerator and a 25 lb commercial spreader. Who has a 1500 sq ft lawn anyway?