PDA

View Full Version : 15.0hp OHV idiling in & out

ALLPro Landscaping
10-21-2009, 12:41 AM
I have a 15.0 hp Kawasaki engine, I put on my 48 bobcat, I was selling it, but now I needed it to do cleanups, anyways, I took it out of the shed and now when its idling it will idle up and down, it doesn't idle smooth at all, and when I raise the idle up to cut, it does the same thing, it wont throw the grass at all it just clumps. Oh I replaced both plugs, fuel line and filter

ALLPro Landscaping
10-21-2009, 03:30 AM
anybody?????? is all of lawnsite sleeping???????

Restrorob
10-21-2009, 01:17 PM
Well..... Yeah...... I was sleepin when you posted !

Sounds like you need to give the carb a tear-down cleaning with carb & choke cleaner sprayed through all ports/passages and jets followed by compressed air if available .....

ALLPro Landscaping
10-21-2009, 03:05 PM
Ok so any idea where the carb is on the engine. Do you have any pics. Thanks

GraZHopA
10-21-2009, 05:16 PM
If you replaced the fuel line, then you should know where the carb. is! I hate to be the one to tell you this, but it is at the end of your fuel line and behind the air filter. :) Good Luck with the fix.

DT Lawn Care
10-21-2009, 05:23 PM
Ok so any idea where the carb is on the engine. Do you have any pics. Thanks

Waiiiitttt a sec. Not to rip on you too badly, but you have 570 posts and you need pictures and help to find the carburetor????

Restrorob
10-21-2009, 06:40 PM
Maybe you'd be better off taking it to a shop......

I charge extra when customers bring me equipment in pieces.

ALLPro Landscaping
10-21-2009, 10:17 PM
The fuel line goes to a black, I was told fuel pump, If it is the carburetor, then I cant see their being anyway possible to clean nor service it. Ill take pics in the morning.

ALLPro Landscaping
10-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Also I never really worked on these motors, since I never really had a problem with them.

Restrorob
10-22-2009, 12:20 AM
The fuel line goes to a black, I was told fuel pump,

That's right, There are two more fuel lines on this fuel pump. One goes to the engine crankcase (the BIG gray part that you put oil in) and the other goes back behind the air filter base plate to the carb.....

You may as well post both the model AND spec numbers off the white bar code label affixed to the engine crankcase (BIG gray part), It will give me a head start at looking up re-assembly pics.

Outdoors_Unlimited
10-22-2009, 12:57 AM
Mine also idles rough, but not any diffrent that most kaws i hear. I was told its the rivets on the throttle plate causing the throttle plate to pull closed under vacum and cause the idle to drop out.

Sound right anyone? I havent fixed mine because, well I didnt see it as broke. I was gonna try it this winter during the down season, but figure, theres a thread going, Ill see if im headed in the right direction.

ALLPro Landscaping
10-22-2009, 01:07 AM
I will post model number first thing in the morning. Thanks alot