PDA

View Full Version : Replacing spindles on exmark viking 36" Need super quick help!!! Thanks

DillonsLawnCare
10-21-2009, 09:15 PM
ok, so a buddy of mine hit a man hole, and he needs to replace his spindles. Im pulling the bolts off and i can't figure out how to separate the pulley from the piece that lies below the deck. I need some help pretty quick. Ive searched all over google, and here, and no luck. Thanks so much!

DT Lawn Care
10-21-2009, 09:52 PM
ok, so a buddy of mine hit a man hole, and he needs to replace his spindles. Im pulling the bolts off and i can't figure out how to separate the pulley from the piece that lies below the deck. I need some help pretty quick. Ive searched all over google, and here, and no luck. Thanks so much!

On most, you have to hold the blade on the bottom and turn the bolt off on the main spindle bolt on top. Not all are alike, but most cases there is a bolt on the top of the pulley, take that off, the pulley should come off, and then pull the spindle out thru the bottom. If you need more info just ask or go to page 4 here (I am assuming this is a similar model) http://exmark.com/pdfs/109-0015.pdf. Good Luck

Roger
10-21-2009, 11:12 PM
I have replaced bearings in these spindles many times.

Be sure to loosen the set screw (#28) on the pulley hub before attempting to get the pulley off. If it has never been off, it may be stuck and needs some "coercion." That task can be done with a pipe/tube a tiny bit smaller than the bore of the pulley. #49 should drop out the bottom after the pulley is removed. As it sits before removal, the top of #49 should be even with the hub of the pulley.

The # are from page 5 of the referenced .pdf.