PDA

View Full Version : Fluid Film

americanlawn
10-21-2009, 08:31 PM
I just ordered another case of it. IMO it's the best stuff since sliced bread.

If you have tried it, are you convinced it's the best you ever used?

We use it on all kinds of stuff -- what do you guys use it on?

rscvp, thanks :usflag: :canadaflag:

mowerman41
10-21-2009, 08:43 PM
I love Fluid Film but I do not like it at all in the spray can. I bought a gallon of it and when I scrap my deck or change my blades I take a paint brush and put a nice coat of fluid film on and I have never used anything better. But my preferrence is the Gallon and brush it on I really didn't like the aerosal can...Just my 2Cents

DLAWNS
10-21-2009, 09:08 PM

I use it on everything as well....mower decks, heads of the trimmers and edgers, anything that can rust, inside my leaf loader....countless uses! I love me some Fluid Film.:clapping:

I love Fluid Film but I do not like it at all in the spray can. I bought a gallon of it and when I scrap my deck or change my blades I take a paint brush and put a nice coat of fluid film on and I have never used anything better. But my preferrence is the Gallon and brush it on I really didn't like the aerosal can...Just my 2Cents

Check out kellsport.com for an undercoating gun for an air compressor. I bought one and it was only like $20. Just in case your interested.

DLAWNS
10-21-2009, 09:24 PM

I use it on my mower decks, trimmer and edger heads, inside my truck loader, anything that can rust, and a million other uses. I love me some fluid film! :clapping:

grassman177
10-22-2009, 01:39 AM
Hey Dlawns, havent talked much with you this summer. cool idea , so you use the gun to apply fluid film to _____?

DLAWNS
10-22-2009, 08:09 AM
Hey Dlawns, havent talked much with you this summer. cool idea , so you use the gun to apply fluid film to _____?

Yeah man, I've had a very hectic and annoying year, lol....Haven't felt much like talking lawns after each day. It's all good, the year is almost over. How have you been.

I use the undercoating gun to apply to my decks and in the tubes of my leaf vac. I use the cans for smaller areas or I would make a huge mess.

SKYNYRD
10-28-2009, 02:12 PM
fluid film is without a doubt the greatest stuff ever invented (next to duct tape:laugh:)

i use it on so much stuff it's takin me a few days to put this together cause i don't wanna leave any uses out but, i prolly will anyway:laugh:

use it on the mowers, string trimmers, gas hedge clippers, pole saw blade, hand pruners, sidewalls on tires, rims, undercoated the trucks with it, locks, hinges, polished the plastic bug deflector on the truck, coated all the lights on the light rack, the mirrors and brackets(minus the glass), tailgate latches, rust spots on the trucks to keep them from getting worse til we can fix them, the receiver hitch, dipped the trailer balls and shank in it, dipped the extra balls then put them in a jar, polished the diamond plate toolboxes, use it on the cb antenna's to keep ice from building up, the rams on the plows and plow pumps, gonna coat the blades once they get put on, i'll use it in between 2 pieces of metal that are being bolted together, keeps drill bits from getting hot and smoking, helps drive spikes into 4x4's, wiped it on my mailbox, spray some inside the socket before removing lug nuts and the nuts fall right out of the socket, anything that squeaks but shouldn't, at work i've used it on the cardboard baler, the tracks on the bay doors, the hinges on the loading dock plates, a little on the plastic connection of the battery cables on the power jack and they slide in and out of each other like nothin, stopped the hinges and lock rod on the garbage shoot from squeaking and rusting, works great on saw blades, helps keep the blades sharp and cool. about the only place i don't use it is anywhere you need to step/walk. before i put the trailer away for the winter i wanna crawl under it and undercoat that too. help repel the moisture from the wooden deck. whether you spray, brush, dip, dab, glob, or dunk. whether it's a little bit or a generous coating fluid film is the best:cool2:

Lazer_Z
10-28-2009, 02:21 PM
fluid film is without a doubt the greatest stuff ever invented (next to duct tape:laugh:)

i use it on so much stuff it's takin me a few days to put this together cause i don't wanna leave any uses out but, i prolly will anyway:laugh:

use it on the mowers, string trimmers, gas hedge clippers, pole saw blade, hand pruners, sidewalls on tires, rims, undercoated the trucks with it, locks, hinges, polished the plastic bug deflector on the truck, coated all the lights on the light rack, the mirrors and brackets(minus the glass), tailgate latches, rust spots on the trucks to keep them from getting worse til we can fix them, the receiver hitch, dipped the trailer balls and shank in it, dipped the extra balls then put them in a jar, polished the diamond plate toolboxes, use it on the cb antenna's to keep ice from building up, the rams on the plows and plow pumps, gonna coat the blades once they get put on, i'll use it in between 2 pieces of metal that are being bolted together, keeps drill bits from getting hot and smoking, helps drive spikes into 4x4's, wiped it on my mailbox, spray some inside the socket before removing lug nuts and the nuts fall right out of the socket, anything that squeaks but shouldn't, at work i've used it on the cardboard baler, the tracks on the bay doors, the hinges on the loading dock plates, a little on the plastic connection of the battery cables on the power jack and they slide in and out of each other like nothin, stopped the hinges and lock rod on the garbage shoot from squeaking and rusting, works great on saw blades, helps keep the blades sharp and cool. about the only place i don't use it is anywhere you need to step/walk. before i put the trailer away for the winter i wanna crawl under it and undercoat that too. help repel the moisture from the wooden deck. whether you spray, brush, dip, dab, glob, or dunk. whether it's a little bit or a generous coating fluid film is the best:cool2:
I couldn't have said it better myself. I need to place another order soon as I only have a few cans left. Here's to Dan, Joy and the rest of the crew at Fluid Film :drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

Dano50
10-28-2009, 03:10 PM
Nice thread! Hey everybody, thanks for the support!

americanlawn
10-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Thanks Dano 50 -- I also appreciate the colorful red & gold stickers you sent us last spring. Tee shirt too.

The guy we buy trailers from noticed we applied grease to the receiver hitch balls. He asked why. We said it would reduce friction. He said, "maybe but you create a greasy mess, and I never recommend it". (I don't think he knows about Fluid Film). He's a nice guy that's been in the trailer business over 40 years, so I'll give him a can of Fluid Film this week when we get our shipment in.

BTW we paid $79 for 12 aerosol cans on ebay. Free shipping.

My mother-in-law's car had a low tire last week, so I pulled in the warehouse to air it up. 2 things:

1) It was difficult to buckle in the seat belts

2) The automatic shifter (on the floor) was very sticky

So I sprayed in some Fluid Film and didn't tell her. Next morning she shows up to work in our office. First thing she said was, "What did you do? My seat belt works now, and it's so much easier to shift". Then I told her. She said "No wonder you buy that stuff.

If Fluid Film was a woman, I'd marry her in a New York heartbeat. :laugh:

SKYNYRD
10-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Thanks Dano 50 -- I also appreciate the colorful red & gold stickers you sent us last spring. Tee shirt too.

The guy we buy trailers from noticed we applied grease to the receiver hitch balls. He asked why. We said it would reduce friction. He said, "maybe but you create a greasy mess, and I never recommend it". (I don't think he knows about Fluid Film). He's a nice guy that's been in the trailer business over 40 years, so I'll give him a can of Fluid Film this week when we get our shipment in.

BTW we paid $79 for 12 aerosol cans on ebay. Free shipping.

My mother-in-law's car had a low tire last week, so I pulled in the warehouse to air it up. 2 things:

1) It was difficult to buckle in the seat belts

2) The automatic shifter (on the floor) was very sticky

So I sprayed in some Fluid Film and didn't tell her. Next morning she shows up to work in our office. First thing she said was, "What did you do? My seat belt works now, and it's so much easier to shift". Then I told her. She said "No wonder you buy that stuff.

If Fluid Film was a woman, I'd marry her in a New York heartbeat. :laugh:

i dipped my balls in fluid film and dedicated an entire post in the fluid film forum to them:laugh: