PDA

View Full Version : Stihl Service/Shop manuals

mictrik
10-22-2009, 12:32 PM
Does anyone have or know where i can obtain service manuals for the following Stihl products...?

FS-90r Trimmer
HS-45 Hedge Trimmer

RonAyersMotorsports
10-22-2009, 01:28 PM
:dizzy:At your local STIHL dealer.

They're much cheaper at the dealer than anything I've seen on ebay. Where these guys are purchasing them at full retail and then resaleing them online to people asking the same question. Service manuals are only about $8.00.

Why don't people consult with the dealer anymore first.

South Florida Lawns
10-22-2009, 05:37 PM
I think you can download them too.

pugs
10-22-2009, 06:41 PM
I think you can download them too.

LOL, where from? Stihl is about the only idiots that are stingy about stuff like that. Everyone else has parts breakdowns online except them...

ricky86
10-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Idiots???? They do it to protect their dealer network.

RonAyersMotorsports
10-27-2009, 01:04 PM
Idiots???? They do it to protect their dealer network.

:waving: THANKS. I don't know of anything being available online. Just visit a local STIHL dealer and purchase one. Again they are only $8.00 and if your a decent mechanic they'll save you much more time and money than their cost.

Nosmo
10-28-2009, 05:45 AM
I am not sure about the Stihl trimmers and hedge trimmers but I do know this for a fact : Stihl does provide an owner's manual with their chainsaws. A person can download a PDF copy on their website.

However, service manuals and illistrated parts lists are not available for any Stihl chainsaws unless a person can obtain them from another source.

I own two Stihl chainsaws and luckily I do have the service manuals and IPL for both saws.

Nosmo