PDA

View Full Version : I'm stumped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jamie James
10-22-2009, 10:20 PM
Question,,,,,,,,,, do you guys think I could use the name I'M STUMPED in lawncare and landscaping..... Like I'M STUMPED lawn care,,

why im asking is my reg business name is I'M STUMPED TREE AND STUMP REMOVAL......WORKS GREAT FOR STUMPS..

But can I use I'M STUMPED into lawncare.......:canadaflag:

ICT Bill
10-22-2009, 10:30 PM
Only if you want too, not a great lead in for the customer though
uphill battle unless there is a long history of the "Stumped" family being there, in that case...BONUS

I am actually very serious about that, historical references are a big deal in local names

name your favorite place to get FRIES, I'll bet everyone knows that place by it's handle. Jimmies, Barts, DQ, whatever

thiMk !

TheCleaningDoc
10-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Probably not. I had was in the process of starting a tech company called Great White Technologies and then had a change of direction and started cleaning instead. Well I used that name for about 4 months and then changed to The Cleaning Doctor because it fits what I do better.

DuallyVette
10-22-2009, 11:26 PM
With the name "I'm Stumped", I get the impression that you are in over your head. That you have problems and no solutions.

DLAWNS
10-23-2009, 12:11 AM
Question,,,,,,,,,, do you guys think I could use the name I'M STUMPED in lawncare and landscaping..... Like I'M STUMPED lawn care,,

why im asking is my reg business name is I'M STUMPED TREE AND STUMP REMOVAL......WORKS GREAT FOR STUMPS..

But can I use I'M STUMPED into lawncare.......:canadaflag:

My thought is go with a different name followed by: a division of I'm Stumped tree and stump removal. or something to that effect..so that way you can create a name that has something more to do with lawns and landscaping while still having the name recognition from your tree company.

AzLawnMan
10-23-2009, 01:04 AM
When our sprinkler division took off, our accountant recommened starting a seperate D.B.A (Doing business as) and so was born "Shock & Awe" a Division of" it works really well, people recognize your original name. " A division of" is the way to go.

hackitdown
10-23-2009, 02:35 PM
"I'm Stumped?"

I have to say it sounds like "I Don't Know Landscaping", or "We don't get it Landscaping". It makes sense for stump grinding because of the play on words, but it sounds like you are telling people that you are clueless.

DuallyVette
10-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Even for the tree and stump grinding business..."I'm Stumped" sounds like you may get the tree down and some of the stump removed...or you may not.

It also sounds like your trying to be cute. Are you cute...or are you competent?

STIHL GUY
10-25-2009, 01:41 AM
you could try im Stumped tree service and lawn mowing. so you keep the tree part and it would sound ok

g21
10-25-2009, 01:17 PM
I have to agree with the masses on this. I really like the name of the stump business but I hate it for the lawn bus. Especially of you have aspirations of growing in the commercial sector. A division of- will be OK on your corporate stuff, but I wouldn't even play it up on your trucks and things like that. It will be too busy and confusing. It will be good to play up the association of the two in your marketing and advertising, but not on vehicles.

Just me two cents.

Good luck.

PS
Make sure your new name and logo is clean and professional looking if you're going after commercial work!