Price $339.00

cvaughn
05-10-2002, 06:01 PM
link to spreader mentioned in previous post

http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/Product.asp?PG=1328

NJemerald
05-11-2002, 03:21 AM
Basic "standard" here in the NE...
I have 2 ... I'm selling off my older Lesco style ones & replacing them w/ these.

TJLC
05-11-2002, 08:24 AM
I have a model 705699. Very nice, heavy duty ss spreader. I use Lesco products so ther is no guesswork on settings, just guage and go. I also bought the kit that comes with the deflector and cover.

tremor
05-11-2002, 08:54 AM
You might expect that I'd have an obvious bias here since I work for LESCO. But I hate the new ergonomic handles. They don't feel uncomfortable, just "different". A lot of customers like them though. Maybe I'm getting old or something. I still like Ford trucks even though I must admit the new Diesel/Allison Chevy is probably the best pickup ever built. LOL

My old original (006000 golf ball logo) is now almost 20 years old. It's treated millions of square feet. Been dropped of tankers & experienced various other forms of abuse. It's never once been unable to finish a full days work. The original epoxy coated carbon stell frame rotted out years ago & is mostly stainless today. I've never once seen one of our spreaders so damaged that it wasn't worth repairing & the parts are readilly available. Perhaps a train might finish one off though.

Even though I don't treat turf commercially anymore, the parts are in the garage to completely upgrade the rest of the frame & gears to current standards. Minus the new style handles that I don't personally care for of course!

In terms of spread accuracy, the only thing to compare it to would be the new Scotts which I've not seen spread data on yet. The 705699 has already met the other competitors head on in tests & won in this category. Sorry, I don't have any postable data.

Steve

heygrassman
05-11-2002, 11:48 PM
Agri-Fab makes a nice spreader, but it is tough to find the one with the defletors.