PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Solutions Ride-on Aerator Pics by Rabbitman

LawnSolutionsCP
10-25-2009, 04:08 AM
I was able to meet up with Rabbitman in Indianapolis last week and watch him on his Ride-on Aerator. He let me take some pics and shoot some video.

Below are some pics of him pulling some very nice plugs at full speed. I can just watch these aerators punch out the plugs all day...

LawnSolutionsCP
10-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Here is a link to the video. The video is large because it has to be large to get enough detail to shows the plugs as fast as they are moving / flying through the air.

Just let it buffer on your computer, it will play automatically in Windwos Media Player.

http://lawnsolutionscp.com/video/Rabbitman1.wmv

Service 1st Lawn Care
10-25-2009, 10:17 AM
I was able to meet up with Rabbitman in Indianapolis last week and watch him on his Ride-on Aerator. He let me take some pics and shoot some video.

Below are some pics of him pulling some very nice plugs at full speed. I can just watch these aerators punch out the plugs all day...

Looks like the foot plate could be longer looks like his feet are hanging half on and half off?

LawnSolutionsCP
10-25-2009, 10:55 AM
Looks like the foot plate could be longer looks like his feet are hanging half on and half off?

You would think unless you try it...it actually makes it much more comfortable. Just ask anyone who has tried one. You use your right toe to raise and lower the tines and with the platform design is it more ergonimic making it short.

We have made them both ways and 100% of the people who try them prefer the short one.

Are you coming to the EXPO next week?

foreplease
10-25-2009, 12:11 PM
That is pretty awesome!

rcreech
10-25-2009, 12:50 PM
I agree that the unit is very comfortable!

I always knew that Rabbitman was going to make it on TV....I just thought it would be on COPS! :laugh:

Nice video!

That machine is truely on top right now as the best aerator on the market.

I have the little guy and it works great!

If I didn't have my 2 three point tractor mounts I would have one of these bad boys right now!

LawnSolutionsCP
10-25-2009, 01:22 PM
I always knew that Rabbitman was going to make it on TV....I just thought it would be on COPS! :laugh:

You probably just missed that episode.

LawnSolutionsCP
10-25-2009, 02:31 PM
Here is a raw video take of him doing an average size front yard with landscaping, trees, beds, sidewalks, etc...in just 3-1/2 minutes even while taking his time.

Basically, it runs, turns, moves, like a commercial mower.

He is able to raise and lower the tines in about 1/2 second making it extremely quick to zero turn without ever having to remove his hands from the controls.

Also notice how he can aerate while turning around obsticales and how close he can get to hard surfaces or edges. He is just 2" off the driveway pulling 4" plugs.

Personally, I would turn just prior to getting on the drive way just to keep from having to clean up the plugs afterwards. When going along the edges, you can pull plugs right up against the concrete and not get them in the customers driveway or sidewalks.

Even on uneven surafaces you will still get 3-4" plugs, what ever it is set at, because the aerating head floats using hydraulics and follows the contrours of the ground constantly making adjustments. You can also adjust the depth on the fly while aerating a full speed when getting into softer or harder soil conditions.

Video link is below

www.lawnsolutionscp.com/video/Rabbitman2.wmv

David

americanlawn
10-25-2009, 04:06 PM
Awesome! David - your ride-on kicks butt. Rabbitman looked like a pro. Plugs were awesome too. Thanks to both of you for a great video. :usflag:

lawn king
10-25-2009, 04:20 PM
I agree that the unit is very comfortable!

Nice video!

That machine is truely on top right now as the best aerator on the market.

I have the little guy and it works great!

If I didn't have my 2 three point tractor mounts I would have one of these bad boys right now!

Same here. I own and really like the walk behind. I use my kubota and 72" woods 3 point hitch unit for big aerations.

grassman177
10-25-2009, 06:58 PM
it rea;;y looks like a very nice machine guys, i ssume as it is cam style that it still plugs as many or more holes per sqft as any drum aerator!? if so, very very nice. and hey rabbitman, you look like a nerd, ahaha. just kidding. very good buddy

jbturf
10-25-2009, 07:04 PM
nice lookin machine--
but i do have to say that maybe 5% of my propertys are as flat and easy to aerate as the one in that video
would like to see it on some terrain, hills, up curbing etc...

i have a problem with my current ride on aerator- where the front caster wheel tears up
the turf when im making a zero turn
is this an issue with the LS machine?

i also have an issue with my current ride on with traction of the rear tires, mostly
when turning on any surface other than flat and dry ground

what is the tine spacing/ or actual hole spacing
3.5" x ?
thanks
Josh

LawnSolutionsCP
10-25-2009, 07:05 PM
it rea;;y looks like a very nice machine guys, i ssume as it is cam style that it still plugs as many or more holes per sqft as any drum aerator!? if so, very very nice. and hey rabbitman, you look like a nerd, ahaha. just kidding. very good buddy

It is actually a rolling tines ASM, but with the ability to put 1,200 lbs over the tines and adjust the amount of pressure on the fly, most people think it is a cam driven aerator. It will pull 3-4" plugs all day long and even 5" if you don't watch it.

I have pulled 2" plugs out of tree roots before.

David

Hanau
10-25-2009, 07:07 PM
Wher can I buy one and how much?

LawnSolutionsCP
10-25-2009, 07:19 PM
nice lookin machine--
but i do have to say that maybe 5% of my propertys are as flat and easy to aerate as the one in that video
would like to see it on some terrain, hills, up curbing etc...

i have a problem with my current ride on aerator- where the front caster wheel tears up
the turf when im making a zero turn

i also have an issue with my current ride on with traction of the rear tires, mostly
when turning on any surface other than flat and dry ground

what is the tine spacing/ or actual hole spacing
3.5" x ?
thanks
Josh

You wouldn't believe me even if I showed a video on the terrian I have pulled 3-4" plugs. I can run the machine, up, down, across, zero turn on 45 degree slops. It takes some practice and not for amatures.

No, the tires don't tear turf unless you try and you really have to work at it. We don't use an agressive tread because we don't need it. The tines do 90% of the traction effort to move the machine.

Imagine a stand-on mower with 3" sprikes on the tires. Where could you take it....anywhere. Our aerate is the same way.

Tines, they are the tightest tine setup for any rolling aerator in the industry and tighter than some of the cam driven units, but with 1,200 lbs, it pulls nice plugs even with the tight spacing. There is no need to make 2 passes or your are going to get compaints about the number of plugs.

jbturf
10-25-2009, 07:36 PM
i think i see what you mean,
like a typical walk behind rolling tine aerator, as long as the tines are down and
aerating-- nothing is going to stop its forward momentum(except for a wall or tree)

i have to double aerate with with current ride on machine to get as many plugs as i get
with one pass of my lesco wb aerator-- so i am not really realizing any time savings
with my current ride on--
so just one pass with the LS ride on will give me the good plugs- maybe 9 per sq ft?

thanks
Josh

LawnSolutionsCP
10-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Yes,

Are you coming to the EXPO?

Richey & Clapper in Sudbury has one in stock right now that they are showing LCOs. They have sold several of them for Spring. There are only a few dealers who have them and they are one of them. One of our best dealers in the country.

David

lawn king
10-25-2009, 07:44 PM
I find that 2 passes with the walk behind pulls too many plugs as well!

LawnSolutionsCP
10-25-2009, 07:47 PM
Wher can I buy one and how much?

Currently, you would buy direct. Retail is $8,500...but we might have a dealer out your way after next week.

David

rcreech
10-25-2009, 07:49 PM
PM Rabbit...he has rough terrain and says that there are no problems with it!

He LOVES it!

DA Quality Lawn & YS
10-25-2009, 11:12 PM
Nice machine!

PS - he doesn't look much like a rabbitman....

rcreech
10-25-2009, 11:41 PM
Nice machine!

PS - he doesn't look much like a rabbitman....

I think he got his name from the bedroom (I can only say that because I am good friends with the man)! :)

Rabbitman runs a tight ship and a heck of a business! He does a ton of aerations!

grassman177
10-26-2009, 12:00 AM
that is pretty cool on the drive and tine set up there LS.

RABBITMAN11
10-26-2009, 08:21 AM
I will be featured on the next cops for domestic violence against a customer that wouldn't pay! I havent counted all the aeration up yet, but I know I have done some where around 150 in 6 weeks. The machine is a beast I have aerated lawns in down pours and it still did a great job. I have even done aerations on lawns where water was standing, no problem when riding on the tines. I wouldnt try this with any other aerator. I drove across the standing water area with no damage at all.

grassman177
10-26-2009, 08:01 PM
pretty cool rabbitman. than ks for sharing this with us

RABBITMAN11
10-26-2009, 10:05 PM
I'll try and get some video me doing aeration on hills.

mikesturf
10-28-2009, 06:17 PM
I have the Lawn Solutions walk behind and can aerate 20 lawns per day (6K ave) and I still have energy left. With my old Ryan IV or V I could only do 15 and I would be exhausted.