PDA

View Full Version : Removing Fescue

bamaturfguy
10-27-2009, 06:01 PM
I have spots of Fescue throughout a very nice Meyer Zoysia lawn. Is there any herbicide that can clean the Fescue out other than Revolver? I have this problem every fall when Zoysia begins going dormant. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!:confused:

greendoctor
10-28-2009, 02:09 AM
Make simazine and Image a part of your weed control program in the spring and early summer. Image is much less painful to purchase than Revolver and I consider it kind of like the Swiss Army Knife of weed control in warm season grasses.

ted putnam
10-28-2009, 02:29 AM
I agree with Greendoctor. If you use it be sure to read the label for rates and keep in mind that it is not to be used in transition periods. Only use it when turf is actively growing or pretty well dormant. It does a pretty good job on wild onion/garlic also as well as many shallow rooted annuals. Good Luck

greendoctor
10-28-2009, 02:55 AM
Should also mention that Image was the old standard for sedge control. The two products I will use for sedge control are either Image or Certainty. Sedgehammer is a limited product due to its narrow spectrum of weeds controlled.

AmGreen
10-28-2009, 11:58 AM
spot treat with round-up once dormant using a low rate.
Posted via Mobile Device

timturf
10-28-2009, 06:21 PM
spot treat with round-up once dormant using a low rate.
Posted via Mobile Device

I was going to suggest then same thiung. BE SURE the desirable grass is dormant

Mscotrid
10-30-2009, 04:36 PM
You can also spray Corsair, Lesco used to carry it under TFC Tall fescue Control. Sprayed correctly and according to label will selectively remove fescue from Zoysia. just follow the label and you sould be fine.

Rzbak1
11-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Zoysia never goes completely dormant therfore round up may cause damage when spring comes

AmGreen
11-08-2009, 01:35 AM
it'll be fine. accidentally sprayed quick pro at full rate in early march a few years ago. everything greened up fine.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rzbak1
11-08-2009, 02:00 AM
I had to re sod a lawn last year because a customer got a liitle crazy with his back pack. If you use RU I suggest dipping it on a rag and wiping on the leaf blade. I would also try spraying revolver it two week intervals.

AmGreen
11-08-2009, 09:03 AM
i'm sure a home owner spraying the entire yard would be slightly different than spot treating. even if you were to damage it from spot treatment, it would fill in quickly. yes, revolver is great stuff.
Posted via Mobile Device