PDA

View Full Version : Wild Onions

bamaturfguy
10-27-2009, 06:04 PM
What is the best way or process for keeping unions from developing in your lawn through the cold months? Is there a pre-emergent program to keep this from happening?

Thanks

KES
10-28-2009, 12:25 AM
You have to treat them while they are up. I use manor or Tri power. Spray them and then 3-4 days later cut them down. After you spray them , they will start to turn white and fall over this is the time to cut them. Depending on weather, it may take 5 days for them to "curl".
Derek

AmGreen
10-28-2009, 11:55 AM
I was curious a out this as well. seeing a lot of it this year. so i'll basically be spraying onions all winter?
Posted via Mobile Device

KES
10-28-2009, 05:54 PM
Sometimes yes you will be spraying them all winter. Some yards may only have a few and then they only get one or two for the rest of the year. Depends on the yard.

indyturf
10-28-2009, 09:49 PM
before you spray wild onion's stomp on them!! this breaks the skin and allows the weed control to enter the plant instead of just running off.

CHARLES CUE
10-28-2009, 10:28 PM
We dont stomp or cut them just spray them with 3 way and some thing to remove the waxy surface .the first year you spray once in the spring and once in the fall then you dont see see them any more
Charles Cue